Stuck in "phone" mode......help!?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpoppapuff

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Matt here. We have had our 2006 LR3 SE for a week or so now and we've run into a issue..............it seems to be stuck in the "PHONE" mode. No matter what buttons I push it won't transition to the CD, Radio modes. I even tried voice command. I bought it at Carmax and although it is in great shape.....it didn't come with a owners manual. Maybe I am overlooking something obvious. We have ventured into the phone arena yet but may have accidently pushed the wrong button........any ideas? Help???
:mad::confused::help:

kwlr3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to my '05 HSE and I can't remember how I "fixed' it. If I pulled the green phone button on the wheel, it would go into phone mode and stay there for about 15 minutes. Nothing would work on the radio. I can't remember if it was a problem with the truck or my phone.

I would start by disconnecting the battery and holding together the two ends of the battery cables. That will erase all of the memory. Do you have a phone that is paired with the radio? Is the Bluetooth turned off on all the phones in the vicinity? Has the radio ever worked?

angasreid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My iphone bluetooth does that occasionally as well. Sometimes if I hit volume up it will go into phone mode. I've found that I've been able to get it out by hitting the end and call button on the wheel for a minute and eventually it comes out.

Also, usually mine will come out if I turn the car off and back on.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth often hangs on me if I am on a call and another one comes in (Call Waiting.) The radio display will indicate the second incoming call, but what happens after that is a crapshoot. Sometimes everything works great. Other times one of the two calls will not be released by the system, no matter how many time I press the "End Call" on either steering wheel or handset... I usually get lucky if I don't answer Call Waiting, as after a few seconds the 2nd incoming line goes to voice mail, the 2nd call disappears from the display and I am home free. :rolleyes: That's messed up technology though, probably a bandwidth limitation of our Bluetooth system. If the system does hang, I can usually recover it (without turning off the engine) by manually breaking and reestablishing the Bluetooth link from the handset. In fact, I have a shortcut to the Bluetooth menu on my BlackBerry's main screen specifically for that.

Roverine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with a LR Dealer

I had this issue and it required a new switch on the steering wheel.

Peter Fox

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Matt here. We have had our 2006 LR3 SE for a week or so now and we've run into a issue..............it seems to be stuck in the "PHONE" mode. No matter what buttons I push it won't transition to the CD, Radio modes. I even tried voice command. I bought it at Carmax and although it is in great shape.....it didn't come with a owners manual. Maybe I am overlooking something obvious. We have ventured into the phone arena yet but may have accidently pushed the wrong button........any ideas? Help???
:mad::confused::help:
Just wondered if anyone has found a remedy for this problem with audio unit stuck in phone mode. I also have 2006 LR3 and I can get the main audio functions back when I unpair the phone, but when I pair the phone again, it simply locks up again. cheers, Peter.

SDLR3

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has found a remedy for this problem with audio unit stuck in phone mode. I also have 2006 LR3 and I can get the main audio functions back when I unpair the phone, but when I pair the phone again, it simply locks up again. cheers, Peter.

I just had this happen to me. I had to power down my phone and take it off BT. Kind of annoying.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72