Sunroofs don’t open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kasie Hawkins

Reaction score
Hi, just got my 2005 LR3 in May and am slowly fixing the little things. None of the three sunroofs open any ideas as to what it might be? Also looking into adding a rack that won’t interfere with them, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bang on them, hard....they'll open.

The only one that should open is the one above the front seats.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, just got my 2005 LR3 in May and am slowly fixing the little things. None of the three sunroofs open any ideas as to what it might be? Also looking into adding a rack that won’t interfere with them, suggestions are greatly appreciated!
You might provide us with an update as to your progress with the sunroofs and rack. Updates are always appreciated.

Below is a link to perhaps a hundred or so files, a few with jpg's related to a number of aspects re your 3. Some you might find of general value.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=15405

Last edited:

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
The only one that should open of the three is the one above the driver front passenger seat. If this ones not working you most likely find that the sunroof module situated just behind the sunroof opening has been damaged by water leaking in from water escaping from the sunroofs water drain tubes. I’ve just replaced mine. I had a split rear water drain tube which when it rained had water splashing all over the sun roof module.

Olli Rita

Reaction score
I know mine was really badly stuck, but I found that if you squeeze flat crowbar under the lip of the sunroof, just above the rear side window, it pops open easily, and so does the second row also... the front sunroof is more complicated and might involve opening the hood and changing a fuse, good luck, hopefully this helps

In case you are new to the forum the above is 90% sarcasm do not use a crowbar on your sunroof.

Last edited by a moderator:

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how you get 4 likes in 9 posts and have been registered for maybe 8 months.

Regardless, no crowbars - force is not required - some skill is required however.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know mine was really badly stuck, but I found that if you squeeze flat crowbar under the lip of the sunroof, just above the rear side window, it pops open easily, and so does the second row also... the front sunroof is more complicated and might involve opening the hood and changing a fuse, good luck, hopefully this helps

This post is clearly sarcasm but uncool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72