Suspension Fault - Any opinions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I've been getting a random suspension fault every 8 - 15 miles, only when traveling consistently on the highway. Never when stop and go in town traveling. I changed out my battery, all my height and abs sensors and also checked my compressor and put a new dryer cap on. The dessicant beads were fine as well. Suspension does not drop overnight. I checked all wires in driver side wheel well, under driver and passenger side carpet, and I even checked my terrain control wires, everything looked fine. The fault I get is lost communication with Transfer Case Control Module. Suspension Lowers, abs light comes on, and no dsc. I changed my brake switch, all brake bulbs are oem and inserted correctly, steering angle is fine, only thing I need to do is change my lower control arms. Would having bad control arms throw the suspension faults? Remember I'm only getting the faults when driving 8 - 15 continuously miles on highway. When I turn off my truck and start her up, all codes disappear. I'm at a loss, I've been trying to find out my suspension woes for over a year now. :( I'm almost ready to give in and take it to my indy Landrover mechanic. Any opinions?

Last edited:

jaamrode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a error in the Hill Decent Control (HDC) module. I would check wiring to that module and to the ABS controls. I would venture to guess that the 8-15 miles is some sort of drive cycle condition that requires a somewhat consistent speed for a certain distance before it does its "test" of the HDC controls.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhh....what about the Transfer Case Control Module? :)

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would I check the transfer control module, ohm reader? Thanks.

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a error in the Hill Decent Control (HDC) module. I would check wiring to that module and to the ABS controls. I would venture to guess that the 8-15 miles is some sort of drive cycle condition that requires a somewhat consistent speed for a certain distance before it does its "test" of the HDC controls.

this makes sense to me, +1

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Mx, I'm not sure about that one. Are you reading the fault with an IIDTool or equivalent? Or is that what the info center states?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Houm my Indy Landrover mechanic read it for me with his LR scan tool and said it was the transfer case control module. I'm not sure it is because I never spilled anything on it, and when I took it apart to examine it the wires looked fine, no sticky soda/coffee residue, no bad wires, green powder, hmmm. Maybe it is my steering angle sensor and wheel alignment is off. I just read a similar post over on Disco3.uk where someone was having the same exact problem and it turned out to be steering/alignment related. This all started happening right after I put on new tires from town fair tire. Maybe I should bring it in to the Landrover Dealership and have them align it properly in tight tolerance mode and hunters equipment.

z1234567890

Reaction score
suspension fault - could be with your air suspension drier/compressor issue?

Mx468

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drier checked

I already checked the drier and beads, they were all fine. Also changed the drier cover to an aluminum one from the plastic cover. Which is prone to cracks. Suspension drops every 8-15 continuous driven miles. Never in stop and go city driving.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA