Suspension Fault - C1A18-64

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a new suspension fault today. Sometimes it goes away after a restart, other times it doesn't.

IID Tool says it's C1A18-64. "Pressure increases too rapid when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure."

A search on this and the LR3 subforum turned up no hits. A general google search turns up some hits on a range rover forum that indicate it could be a valve issue near the air tank. The algorithm part of the code seems odd, though.

It's still under CPO, so I'll take it to the dealer early next week.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, dealer can't get me in until Friday. At least it's a "soft" suspension fault and therefore does not put me into limp mode or otherwise hinder the vehicle's performance. I put the LR4 into access height daily in order to fit into the parking garage at my work (max height of 6'3"), and that all still works.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do. It's a weird one that hasn't been posted here before, so I thought I'd throw it on the board in case someone else ever has it.

Limited info elsewhere on the internet, too.

This thread claims it could be the compressor: https://www.lrukforums.com/threads/air-suspension-fault.221090/

This thread claims it could be a valve block: http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/air-dryer-leak-fixed-suspension-error-135559.html

Did not start after any abuse or trauma. Last off-roaded at the end of June; this just started on Saturday after I was leaving a restaurant after eating a couple of tacos. Almost certain the tacos had nothing to do with it, but they were pretty good tacos so I thought I'd mention them.

Suspension still has full functionality--high, normal, and low--although it does seem like it's taking a little longer to elevate itself from a lower position to the higher one.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is in French, but this post attaches a handy troubleshooting guide for the RRS that's probably applicable to the LR4s as well.

https://forum.club4x4.ro/showthread...ion-required&p=1098972&viewfull=1#post1098972

EDIT: I was able to upload the troubleshoot PDF here. This document looks to be an amazing resource.

As far as my code is concerned, the pdf states this:

Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 2.07.54 PM.png

Attachments

• RRS Suspension.pdf
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,263

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Lakeranger

Reaction score
My 07 Range Rover SC has had this exact same fault for about 6 months. It started showing up on every start for about 15 seconds then goes away until the next start. About 2 months ago it started being very intermittent and has never affected the suspension functionality. I've also looked for other posts on this issue without success. My compressor was replaced about 2 years ago and I changed the dessicant a few months ago. Please post the results from the dealer.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine, the error code would come on either right at startup or after I'd driven about 15 to 30 feet. It came on about 70% of my drives, and if it did come on, it never went off until I turned the car off.

Dealer called late this afternoon and said it's ready to pick up. I had to go out of town, though, so I haven't picked it up yet.

Looks like they replaced the compressor. My LR4 is a 2012. I believe I had the AMK compressor, but I'm not certain. They replaced it with an AMK, though.

Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 9.54.41 PM.png

Glad this was under warranty. According to the guide I posted earlier in this thread, I would have been messing with the reservoir and valves and not the compressor.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked it up this morning and everything works great. Service guy told me that the compressor was weak and not pumping as much air as it should. Wonder if the "pressure increase too rapid" interpretation of my code is actually just a sensor that notices a deviation in the speed by which the reservoir fills, meaning that the pressure increasing too slowly could set it off too?

Anyway, that's that.

Thiago Pastore

Reaction score
Ryanjl, thanks for your posts.
I have a Range Rover Sport 2013, that has the exactly same problem ( trust me, exactly the same), and based on you problem, I have imported a new AMK compressor from Buy Auto PArts ( I live in a small city in São Paulo state, Brazil), and it's arriving today. Hope that solves the problem, anyway, just wanna to thank you for keeping posting. Best

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72