Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Malloy

Reaction score
2007 RR SC is displaying a "Suspension Fault" at startup for about 30 seconds and doesn't return until next startup. Suspension appears to be acting normal, no movement and display shows all wheels are same height. Any ideas?

Kurt van

Reaction score
My 2008 also does that. Im thinking compressor could be week .if i start engine for about 3.4 minutes shut down for 5 then restart its fine.might be compressor is overheated. Hear it could be just the muffler on air compressor???

Munshya

Reaction score
Start checking from the air suspension compressor maybe it's getting weak and if it's in a good condition , then to air struts all 4. Lastly check for the brake light switch which also gives out the same signal.

Sagin

Reaction score
You may want to modify the suspension and all together go to a new system that eliminates the air suspension. I had the same problem and soon after my 2010 dropped to the ground with failed air bags. I should have changed my suspension and not paid ALL THAT MONEY for a new compressor and air bags etc. once they go they all go...BTW it also ruined my control arms (bushings...)

B Malloy

Reaction score
I used the RSWSolutions device to read the fault and it is "Pressure increases too rapid when filling reservoir". I can clear the fault but it soon returns. I haven't seen any others with this fault code on any forum. This is considered a "soft" fault for a minor issue but the manual indicates all faults should be repaired as soon as possible. And I really don't like to see a message that there is a problem, so I'd like to get it repaired. I have ordered a new relay and a drier rebuild kit for the AMK compressor. This compressor was replaced about 2 years ago along with all 4 air shocks. The vehicle height dosn't change at all overnight so it is holding air. Unfortunately just after the fault appeared I found about 1/2 inch of water under the compressor in the spare tire compartment. This is apparently leaking in from the sunroof area. I will also check the air intake filter that is located next to the electronics in the rear left compartment. Also I read that the wiring harness and/or air lines into the compressor compartment may have a misaligned grommet that allows water to enter. I've also read that the brake light switch and/or bulbs may cause similar fault issues. Anyone have any other ideas or helpful suggestions?

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the RSWSolutions device to read the fault and it is "Pressure increases too rapid when filling reservoir". I can clear the fault but it soon returns. I haven't seen any others with this fault code on any forum. This is considered a "soft" fault for a minor issue but the manual indicates all faults should be repaired as soon as possible. And I really don't like to see a message that there is a problem, so I'd like to get it repaired. I have ordered a new relay and a drier rebuild kit for the AMK compressor. This compressor was replaced about 2 years ago along with all 4 air shocks. The vehicle height dosn't change at all overnight so it is holding air. Unfortunately just after the fault appeared I found about 1/2 inch of water under the compressor in the spare tire compartment. This is apparently leaking in from the sunroof area. I will also check the air intake filter that is located next to the electronics in the rear left compartment. Also I read that the wiring harness and/or air lines into the compressor compartment may have a misaligned grommet that allows water to enter. I've also read that the brake light switch and/or bulbs may cause similar fault issues. Anyone have any other ideas or helpful suggestions?

I’m getting same fault. Did you solve the issue?

Lakeranger

Reaction score
I still occasionally get the fault. I'll get it on every start for a week or two then it will go away for a week or two without the fault. It's very mysterious. I never located the air intake filter that is supposed to be in the left rear electronic compartment. Changing the dessicant and the brake switch module didn't help. Still waiting on someone to post a solution.

Skinnedy

Reaction score

Skinnedy

Reaction score
At 60K miles, I wasn't optimistic that it would be a brake light switch... it wasn't... busted air spring(s) on the front. so not $50... more like $2000

Lakeranger

Reaction score
I started this discussion about a year ago and continue to have the "Suspension Fault" message. I have not found a solution yet. My '07 RR/SC now has 194K miles and is running strong but would really like to figure out this fault. Any suggestions? Read on another forum that the compressor exhaust valve may need the hole enlarged as debris may clog it but I need more specific info, as to location of valve and this hole in it. Any help with this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV