Suspension Normal Height Only

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Sorry, I know this is discussed elsewhere.. on the road with limited internet..

Suspension alert normal height only idiot light.
2016 LR4 HSE
Compressor has been slow for a while and off-roading may have finished it off.
Rides and drives fine.
4x4 screen shows nothing abnormal re: wheel height but when parked right front is downabout 0.25 inches.
On road taking daughter to school and leaving it with her when we get there.
Hoping to do some diagnostics now andfly back in a few weeks with tools and parts.
Pretty sure it's the compressor but please advise simple diagnostics I can do on the road with no tools.
Or advise link. Thanks!

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you have a IID Tool or a scan tool that can read suspension faults on you, you are probably SOL when it comes to checking the fault as I do not believe the scan tools at the auto parts stores can read suspension faults.

The bonus is one of those tools can also clear the faults and see what comes back. After a few weeks, you would likely have some additional, secondary faults that come up because of the first fault, so clearing them all will let the "real" fault stand out.

But my guess is compressor. Maybe one of the valve blocks as a distant second guess. How many miles on it?

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
56k miles, but bought used at 49k. Replaced transfer case immediately on warranty. Changed transmission fluid/pan myself, everything was good. Replaced coolant, looked good. All else seems good.
Unfortunately IIDtool is st home- ugh....
Have seen something about pulling fuses but could not follow thread due to no internet..
suspension worked on the slow side but fine until The idiot light but that was after a gnarled day off roading at one of our stops along the way. Just want to diagnose as best as I can before just throwing parts at it..

Last edited:

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The slow suspension points to compressor for me. Mine had the same symptom before my compressor went.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA