Suspension Position Long Time Parking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fexs

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I was looking in the past forum about this topic but I didn’t find the answer. I’m going to park my LR4 HSE 2011 130K for 3 month, and just guessing which air suspension position is the best for the long term. I think that the lower is the best, opinions?, suggestions??
Thanks!

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to park my Range Rover and my current 2011 LR 4 for 6-7 months at a time in a hangar while I traveled for work. I Always had it in access mode. I don’t think it really matters( I just didn’t want to come home to the front on the bump stops and the ass up in the air) throw a good battery tender on( not a cheap harbor freight one) and you’re good to go. I was always more concerned with the battery dying. When you come back it will probably ask you to “confirm suspension height” if it’s all the way on the stops so just push the (up or down) height and it will go right back to normal. But battery charger is a must, and don’t leave the key in it.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we argued about this in another thread. Leave it in normal height and put a battery tender on it. The system will keep itself autoleveled as needed as far as I recall. If you leave it sit high or low it leaves the tires at angles that they're not intended to be for longer term and leaves odd flat spots on them. That's been my experience after leaving it for simply a week at the access height.

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we argued about this in another thread. Leave it in normal height and put a battery tender on it. The system will keep itself autoleveled as needed as far as I recall. If you leave it sit high or low it leaves the tires at angles that they're not intended to be for longer term and leaves odd flat spots on them. That's been my experience after leaving it for simply a week at the access height.
Hmm well shoot, good to know. Guess I’ve been doing it wrong. I think somewhere in the owners manual it also talks about long term parking. Something about adding air to the tires to prevent flat spots. I’ll see if I can find it.

Fexs

Reaction score
Thanks guys.... yes, my concern is about suspension, regarding battery and tires there are a lot of information. So, I can leave it in normal high with not stress for the suspension system.

Fexs

Reaction score
Hi @Krill I just was reading your response again, And I would like to know about your suggestion of “don’t leave the key in it“... is it a problem?, what kind?
Thanks

Krill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi @Krill I just was reading your response again, And I would like to know about your suggestion of “don’t leave the key in it“... is it a problem?, what kind?
Thanks
It will **** the key fob battery within 4or 5 days( brand new battery lasted 4 days when I was leaving it in the truck all day and overnight) and I was told by a tech that it actually communicates with the car while it’s inside so it also puts a drain on the car battery( because it keeps some of the computers on) and can cause them to fail prematurely. On my L322 the guy always left the key in the ignition because of an issue the car had and it actually burnt out the cluster( not talking about the common pixel screen issue) that’s just what I’ve heard, interested to see if anyone has heard the same?

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a good stash point where the keyfob is out of range of any sensors. For obvious reasons I'm not posting, but feel free to PM me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV