Suspension repaired (compressor) but still...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waherne

Reaction score
New to forum and have read quite a few threads that come close to my issue but I haven't come upon a definitive answer yet.

2008 LR3 with 140k on it. Compressor for air suspension was bad and so had my local shop replace it. And now when driving the suspension works but when parked the car sits at its lowest. It is evenly low so I don't suspect any air leaks.

Most of the time the suspension will rise to normal driving height when the car is started. But occasionally the car, while be being driven, will flash the ride height warning and drop to the bumpers while in motion. Scary as the car is just bouncing along at that point. When this happens I can hit the ride height switch and raise the suspension up and the problem goes away.

I happened to be chatting with a guy as I was getting into the truck one day and he said that he had the same problem and that a "reset of the computer" is needed.

Any suggestions would be so very much appreciated!

Will

kels83

Reaction score
These discos have multiple "computers" aka "electronic control modules" that read and adjust from different sensors. The LR3 has an Electronic Air Suspension control module, which is likely what this person suggested. However, it sounds to me like the EAS system needs to be re-calibrated rather than reset. If the previous owner(s) replaced a height sensor or some other sensor that is part of the EAS system, it will not give accurate readings until it is calibrated.

Bad news is this requires a special tool that can get expensive. If you plan on having the truck long, I suggest buying one rather than taking it in to use the dealer tool. Lots of folks here like the IIDTool from Gap diagnostic. I have this and have used it for years. Here's a link to their user guide, which includes a description of EAS Calibration and ECU Reset: https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/support/documents/IIDTool/

Good news they have a great Black Friday sale coming up next month. You can likely drive your truck till then, I've driven mine on the bump stops for a couple months. I was worried about the lower control arms taking a beating, but it's been two years and they're still going strong! The IIDTool enables tons of extra features like reading the detailed error codes that help find broken electronic bits, re-programming any new bits with your VIN (often required before they'll work), and programming new keys. There are other tools too, I'm just used to this one. It's expensive, but paid for itself after about 3 scans that I didn't have to go to the dealer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV