Suspension switch not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lr3han

Reaction score
The suspension lever or switch that allows you to control the level of the car from. "Acsessability level" to "normal" and to a higher setting. Is broken. It simply wont leave normal driving mode. Anyone else having this issue. Manual Suspension switch not working?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it get wet? Is the LR3 making any bing-bongs and giving you faults or other info? Or is it just silence and no movement? First question is the most important. If it got wet the switch could be ****.

Lr3han

Reaction score
Silence no movement. I do not recall getting it wett. But i deffinatly didnt spill larges amount of water on it ever

Canalawyer

Reaction score
Kind of the Same here, mine light up suspension fault but inmediately goes away, but the car goes up and down by itself ... I think is the level sensor too, but some guidance would be apreciated too! thanx

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the problem with mine where the up switch would work but it wouldnt work pressing down. I actually took the switch apart and cleaned up the metal contacts with good cleaner and a scrubbing, and everything worked great after. Worth a shot because a used switch unit goes for over 100$ on ebay.

Roverdog44

Reaction score
I'm having problems as well with suspension and now transmission stuck in low 4x4. When i purchased my Rover it had all kinds of faults and lights on. I've been trying to work on it myself before sending it off to the dealer. My question is if the suspension and 4x4 switch is flashing at start up and neither switch will work at any time could that be the entire console faulty? The terrain response rotary switch doesn't work either.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thing to do is buy an IIDTool from GAP Diagnostics. If you are going to do your own work you will need one. In the meantime try a hard reset and see if that doesn't at least fix you long enough to get out of 4-Lo.

Crosbo

Reaction score
I had the problem with mine where the up switch would work but it wouldnt work pressing down. I actually took the switch apart and cleaned up the metal contacts with good cleaner and a scrubbing, and everything worked great after. Worth a shot because a used switch unit goes for over 100$ on ebay.

Dthomp, how did you get the switch apart. I have it out of the console, I am past the locking tabs that holds the circuit board assembly in the surround, but I can’t get the white assembly to pull free of the surround. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

DBCDE147-52C6-4BF2-ADD7-E401C110A286.jpeg

kl3vr

Reaction score
Did u ever figure it out?
Hey, I just did this today to fix my high/low range switch. I diagnosed the issue with my obd2 scanner in "live data" for the switch position.

It was difficult as they are really stuck on there but you have to pull the terrain response selector, both paddle switches and the hill descent switch off the front to access the other side of the circuit board. then you can clean the contacts under the rubber boots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA