Tactical 4x4 rear bumper questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this has been answered previously but I can't find it, so for those who have experience with this bumper:

1. does the OEM LR hitch still work with the Tactical 4x4 rear bumper
2. is there clearance to carry a motorcycle in a hitch carrier mount with the spare tire in the Tactical carrier (265/65 BFGs)?

Thanks

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Yes, no change
2. Would depend on how close the bike is to the rear hatch. I can measure for you since I have the same setup otherwise. If you can measure with a stock setup I could tell you. I can't put my bicycle on the closest spot on my bike rack with it on. I usually just take the spare tire arm off when I use my bike rack. Not that hard to take apart. I big bolt and the gas strut.

magus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I'm guessing the mc carrier will work, and will just measure mine to see but thought someone may have already been hauling one with this set-up. I'm guessing if the tire is 10.5", the tire carrier will not add more than a few inches to that.

1. Yes, no change
2. Would depend on how close the bike is to the rear hatch. I can measure for you since I have the same setup otherwise. If you can measure with a stock setup I could tell you. I can't put my bicycle on the closest spot on my bike rack with it on. I usually just take the spare tire arm off when I use my bike rack. Not that hard to take apart. I big bolt and the gas strut.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mbw do you notice that your passenger side is slightly lower than the drivers side? I've noticed this on mine as well as others that I have seen mounted.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think so, yes. Doesn't bother me too much. The mount points must be off a little.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mbw @avslash Speaking of T44 gear. Did you notice any vibration sounds from your transmission skid plate after it was mounted? It only happens when car is at a slow crawl or at certain idle points, like when turning... will have to wait for someone to help to pin point where it's touching something. So until then wondering if y'all experienced anything similar... Thanks in advance

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mbw @avslash Speaking of T44 gear. Did you notice any vibration sounds from your transmission skid plate after it was mounted? It only happens when car is at a slow crawl or at certain idle points, like when turning... will have to wait for someone to help to pin point where it's touching something. So until then wondering if y'all experienced anything similar... Thanks in advance

Yep, its the exhaust, where the bracket for the damper is at. It touches the plate. I spaced my skid down with washers to fix that. The very first drive I did with it without washers was crazy loud... lol.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine were put on, the shop took some older rubber door molding and cut it up and wedged the pieces all over the place to combat the rattles. It has worked pretty well, as I don't have any complaints.

The jerrycan upper locking pieces; now those things rattle like the proverbial freight train.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA