Thermostat outlet hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this little gem after having to do a water pump replacement on a new to me 2017 D5 Lux with the SCV6 that I purchased the first of Dec. I was in a bit of a rush to get into a vehicle since my LR4 was just in a hit and run with a underage driver (and my D2 had just sold the week before). I am still waiting to see if that will be a total write off. Anyways bringing the D5 home the water pump started failing so I went and did a replacement. Putting it back together again this little pipe broke and I started looking for a replacement when I found this. Hopefully it can help someone here with a LR4 that might find themselves with the same issue. Beats replacing the entire hose if is it not needed plus it is made out of brass.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/265027875966

-45629245_20211216_104734_16400403_resized (Phone).jpg

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the brass pipe work? You sir are awesome. I had to buy a complete LR assembly to get the plastic pipe and then franken modify my existing system to make it all work... Where were you 2 weeks ago lol??

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the brass pipe work? You sir are awesome. I had to buy a complete LR assembly to get the plastic pipe and then franken modify my existing system to make it all work... Where were you 2 weeks ago lol??
It did. Replaced just this part and no issues with it. Exact same size as the part it replaces. I wish this had been available earlier this year when I changed the water pump on my lr4.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if the LR coolant is okay on brass? I think dexcool will corrode brass. Not sure if anything would come of it in this particular application (passage doesn’t appear to be small enough to get clogged with corrosion).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA