thinking of buying land rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HeyMrMcCalla

Reaction score
Hello everyone: I'm Chris, and I have considered purchasing a Range Rover for quite a while. Having a hard time finding a straightforward answer to this question:

Are they reliable enough to buy one, or will it be a parts- and repair-hungry money pit? Maybe a loaded question, and I full appreciate and understand buying used and older vehicles will always need repair and maintenance. I own two BMW MINIs, Gen 1, and do a good bit of work myself. I'm just not looking for something that's going to be parked in the garage often for repairs/replacement of parts.

Maybe a loaded question, but hoping it's legit. I also own two Fiats, and the whole, "fix it again Tony" moniker, is more of an insulting joke as I have had very few issues to date. I know british cars get same disrespectful treatment.

Much appreciated, and keep on keeping on...
Chris

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. This really depends on how it was maintained before you buy it. If the first owner took good care and you are the second, it should be a happy ownership. If first owner was a lease and second owner didn't do anything except change oil, you may need to fix somethings.

Just steer clear of the 5 liter supercharged and you should be okay. I am looking at a 2006 4.2 supercharged right now, it really comes down to expectations. Same can be said of any high end vehicle that has lost a ton of value over the years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72