This happened today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compos showed up. Now to get some shoes on there. Leaning towards Cooper Discoverer A/T 3. Also considering Toyo Open Country A/T II and Falken Wildpeak AT 3. Appreciate any feedback. Looking for something that is still relatively smooth and quiet on the highway but still worthy off road. Is it worth while going with the Cooper in the 10ply or is it too heavy and overkill?
IMG_3408.jpg

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
General AT2 are all I run.
I have two sets on rims- Studded in winter, studless in summer.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Cooper AT/3's on my Jeep. They were great tires.

The LR4 is heavy enough that the 10-ply are what I'd go with.

abmty1

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm too late to help you decide but can maybe help the next person along. I went with the Falken and Compos after reviewing all of the other choices. I'm on paved road 90% of the time and gravel the rest and there they feel well planted. This set up only weighed 2 lbs. more than 19''s and Continentals a corner so impact on my gas has not be noticable. I did do a decibel reading in the vehicle when the Continentals had 50% tread and there was about a 1 decibel difference. I've put about 5,000 miles on them and have no issues. I run them at about 41/42 psi. Can't beat the price. I could almost buy 2 sets of these to one set of the heavier bulletproof BFG. I have 265/60, didn't want to mess with the rub issue. I don't recall how many ply they are but the sidewall is 2 and according to Falken it is folded to make it 4.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72