Timing parts purchased are quite different

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Howdy to all:

First a shout out to this great forum, it is TOP END!! so many questions answered and also so many folks working together. Many thanks!

Here is another for the group,

I purchased some non-genuine parts and have found they are way off from the ones removed. The tensioners are designed with a different angle that strikes the tensioner plates in a different spot. Has anyone used these types of replacement parts and will these work
Or, do I need to return these and use genuine LR timing parts.

Thanking all of you for your reponces!
Thepuckstopshere!

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it possible you got parts for the V6 rather than the V8 (or vice versa)? Can you post links to the parts you got, part numbers, etc?

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy to all:

First a shout out to this great forum, it is TOP END!! so many questions answered and also so many folks working together. Many thanks!

Here is another for the group,

I purchased some non-genuine parts and have found they are way off from the ones removed. The tensioners are designed with a different angle that strikes the tensioner plates in a different spot. Has anyone used these types of replacement parts and will these work
Or, do I need to return these and use genuine LR timing parts.

Thanking all of you for your reponces!
Thepuckstopshere!

Was going to say the same thing @ftillier. Could they be for a v6/v8? If its the wrong part, can you send it back?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had no idea they even make non-genuine parts for this job.

As much as the genuine parts have failed, I'd hate to think what the non-genuine parts would do.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can't see how v6/v8 would make a difference. I would use parts with a jumping cat on them.

Reaction score
Thru E-Byay, WOPARTS with a red star in the O.

Attachments

• 20220219_103702.jpg
    20220219_103702.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 47
  • 20220219_103807.jpg
    20220219_103807.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 52

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the actual Land Rover updated timing chain tensioners are at a different angle than the original design, so these could be correct.

Still, not sure I'd go through all this work just to use an eBay part.

Reaction score
That's what I thought, how many folks replaced them without even realized they were different or figured them to be designed differently. If the jumping cat parts are different too, then so be it. Just would like to verify.

Thanks for all the advice.
Enjoy this day!
Thepuckstopshere

LR4 2011

Reaction score
The angle of contact was changed by land rover due to the initial engineering design flaw with the tensioner arm. I bought a set of LR and they are stamped FOMOC Ford motor corp. As to the quality, you may get a good part. I have experienced that some of LR parts are of questionable quality and have used Aftermarket parts and they work and wore well.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have both the genuine LR failed ones and Genuine new ones not yet installed, let me see if I can take some pics of them side by side to confirm what these look like vs your eBay ones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV