Tire Pressure Monitoring System Failure light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Austin

Reaction score
My tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light when on yesterday, I have tried turning on and off the truck, checked my tire pressure in all my tires and everything is fine. Does anyone know I can have the warning light turned off or correct this? I have not called the dealer yet only because I was hoping there is a quick fix and avoid driving an hour. Thanks for your help!

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That light came on for about 5 minutes about a month ago and has yet to come on again. Not sure what made it come on, but the next time I got in my car it did not come on again. I read in the manual that the sensor itself may be functioning incorrectly if you know your tire pressure is correct. Maybe it will just turn off and not turn on again like it did in my case. Here's hoping this is what happens for you so that you dont have to go to the dealer....fingers crossed!

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For some reason my answer posted twice...sorry about that

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turning the car off and on wont reset it. you might have to drive a bit. if it doesnt go away, you would want to check it out. most people had this happen and it just went away by itself. when i spoke to the service manager and mentioned it, he said not to worry about it... of course.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
I read in the manual that the sensor itself may be functioning incorrectly if you know your tire pressure is correct.

Wow, you know a car is questionably manufactured when its own owner's manual admits that if the car tells you that something is wrong, but everything seems ok, then a sensor is probably malfunctioning.

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) light when on yesterday, I have tried turning on and off the truck, checked my tire pressure in all my tires and everything is fine. Does anyone know I can have the warning light turned off or correct this? I have not called the dealer yet only because I was hoping there is a quick fix and avoid driving an hour. Thanks for your help!

Hi LR4Austin.... any luck with getting a fix for this? Last week this light came on in my car again and unlike the last time, it didnt go off for good. My husband checked the tire pressure in my rear left tire (the one it indicated was low) and he said it was under a bit, but all were and he added air. Well, the light is still on so I am thinking it is a sensor issue.

Did you or anyone else ever get a resolution or are the dealers still throwing their hands up in the air? My dealer is about 1 1/2 hrs away and this is an urgent thing, but a bit annoying on my dash.

Thanks a bunch!

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there are 2 separate issues. The first issue is the "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" message. This seems to be the one most of us are getting. You get this message after driving a couple of miles (even though you know all the tires are properly inflated). The message will remain lit for the entire length of your drive. The message will usually clear on it's own on the next start if you drive more than about 2 miles. Though I have occasionally had it stay on for 2 consecutive starts, and on one occasion it stayed on thru 3 starts with drives of more than several miles. So far, no one here has reported a fix for this.

UGAgirl97 -- it appears you are reporting a second problem, where you are getting a message from the TPMS that one of your tires have incorrect pressure (it even tells you which tire it is), but when you check that tire, the pressure is correct. I would guess that your problem is a faulty sensor for that particular tire and should be replaced. I would call the dealer service and ask them. I don't recall anyone else reporting this problem on the forum, but my memory unfortunately is not what it used to be...

For the rest of us with the first problem, I'm guessing that occasionally one or more of the sensors fail to report tire pressure info, hence the TPMS Fault message. Has anyone successfully gotten the dealer to fix this problem?

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had to replace 2 TPMS sensors (both under warranty) because of sensor failure.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've had to replace 2 TPMS sensors (both under warranty) because of sensor failure.

Which problem did you have? Was it the problem as reported by UGAgirl97, where the TPMS is reporting that a particular tire is low in pressure, when in fact it has the correct pressure, and the error message continues to stay on even after repeated starts of the car? Or is it the general "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Fault" message, where you get this message on the info screen (doesn't tell you which tire is low in pressure), but then clears itself in the next start?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72