Tires L322

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MHammy

Reaction score
You'll most likely get minor rubbing w/o any lift. I have 275/55r20 BFG (same diameter, but a little narrower as yours), and I had to trim some plastic out of the front lower wheel arch, and the rear near the fuel filler. Probably depends a bit on the wheel offset and the tread pattern.

Robs12LR4

Reaction score
Commenting on the prior post from MHammy, there is a slight difference between 285/50/R20 and 275/55/R20. I spend a lot of time with the discount tire tire-size calculator.

The 285 is obviously a bit wider (+.39") but it's also a smaller diameter (-.68"). It's possible those two factors offset each other.

The other way to look at it is that your new tires add 1.18" both to diameter and to width (vs. 255/50/R20). So if you crank your wheel full left, I believe it's the right edge of the right tire that rubs on plastic in the wheel arch in a full size Range Rover. That edge should be .59" (half of 1.18") farther from the center of the wheel (increase in diameter). It should also be .59" wider if I did the math right. Try cranking the steering wheel full turn and see how close that edge gets to the wheel arch. Do you have more that half an inch from the edge of stock tire to the arch. You'll need a bit more considering the increased width. The creative use of a heat gun may also allow some reshaping of the wheel arch as an alternative to cutting.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA