Top glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thebigtruck

Reaction score
For the record, terrible design. I broke the top glass couple years ago with the lightest of touch in the heat and only recently cracked it again by torquing the corner of the roof by placing a heavy object on the roof rack. So I’ll be going through it again.

That off my chest, I went through a long process with GEICO. There may be aftermarket glass, I can’t remember but you don’t want anyone but LR taking off the headliner. GEICO needs to treat the claim not as a glass claim but as body damage. Once they did that I made the case that there was no third party glass manufacturer to put the glass on. They covered all but my deductible after I did an on-site inspection with them. It took work but they did cover it and I took it to LR to replace. I think it was around $1500.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@thebigtruck Curious which dealer you used since we have so many here in the DMV (I used to live in Potomac and am now in Bethesda next to Avenel). I have had good experiences with Rosenthal and decent experience with JLR of Bethesda.

thebigtruck

Reaction score
@cperez We're almost neighbors! Am on the back side by the C&O. I went to Vienna for a bit (I think that is Rosenthal) but I find they cater to a little more of an upmarket crowd and dismissive of the fix-it-yourself guys. Their service was great when I didn't have to pay for service. I don't much care for Alexandria. My go-to is Independent LR and I'm revisiting the Bethesda dealer. So far they've been great. I've got a leaky transfer case and a leaky rear diff. I'm a mess!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi