Tow/recovery strap for LR3 - what weight rating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally for a ****** strap I would go for atleast 24k lbs. For a Towstrap I use straps rated at 8900lbs.

Incase you do not know the difference a towstrap will not take a "******" so you wouldn't want to try and get a running start to "tug" a rig out... For this purpose you would want to use a ****** strap and would need a strap rated at a much higher load. These are intended to stretch and use kinetic energy to help remove a stuck vehicle....

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are paying for the name. You can buy a more generic one for 1/2 the price.

Based on this logic, you must be kicking yourself for buying a Land Rover. Should've bought a Ford with Terrain Response instead. Sheeze. Enjoy your 40 dollar WalMart towstrap. Just don't hook up to my rig. That is all.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went for the big bucks too, rather spend an extra $40 than try to extricate a shackle from my forehead. Maybe it's just me but....

rovers3

Reaction score
You can shop around for an ARB as well. I picked up mine at a clearance for $60 not bad since it is $122 (****** Strap) everywhere else. I have bought several other tow straps over the years and i like the ARB straps.
check out http://www.expeditionexchange.com/ as well.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. No ARB for me. You are paying for the name. You can buy a more generic one for 1/2 the price.

There is no better strap than the ARB. It's exceptionally well made, and well wearing. However, my buddy Thor at Viking Off Road provides some of the industry best yankers also. Their flat strap is also very good, but their kinetic ropes are the bomb. Not quite as compact as the flat strap, but way more kinetic usefulness. http://www.winchline.com/towlines.htm

viking-recovery-rope-L.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA