Tpms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexsanto

Reaction score
hi I have a 2007 LR3 and my tpms light keeps coming on and my hazard lights starts blinking and stays blinking till the tpms indicator light goes of after 10 to 15 mins. I took it to two different tire shop to check my tire sensor and both shops told me that the sensor is good . So now the only thing I have left to check is the tpms module .
So my questions are:
Does anybody know where is the tpms located ? And if I repair it myself do I need to take it to the delearship to program it or is it a plug and go ?

Thanks

Ian Morrison

Biffo 69
Reaction score
hi I have a 2007 LR3 and my tpms light keeps coming on and my hazard lights starts blinking and stays blinking till the tpms indicator light goes of after 10 to 15 mins. I took it to two different tire shop to check my tire sensor and both shops told me that the sensor is good . So now the only thing I have left to check is the tpms module .
So my questions are:
Does anybody know where is the tpms located ? And if I repair it myself do I need to take it to the delearship to program it or is it a plug and go ?

Thanks
I would check your battery first. It’s getting to the time of year when the load on your battery increases due to lights being used more, heated windows being used and heater being used more. I had a Fault with my Discovery earlier on this year when I had multiple Fault lights kept coming on and off. I took the Discovery to Land Rover and they advised me to replace my battery as the vehicle relies on a good battery for all of the modules and computers to work properly. Replaced battery and cars fine now.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the TPMS sensors in each wheel original to the LR3?
If they are not original, when were they replaced?
Did they test the sensor in the spare?

If original, 11 years means they are NOT good anymore. Not sure how the tire shop tested them, but sensors rarely last much past 10 years. Replace or remove/disable.

I removed my sensors and disabled everything with my IIDtool when I upsized my tires.
I just check pressure myself, like the good old days.

Alexsanto

Reaction score
Are the TPMS sensors in each wheel original to the LR3?
If they are not original, when were they replaced?
Did they test the sensor in the spare?

If original, 11 years means they are NOT good anymore. Not sure how the tire shop tested them, but sensors rarely last much past 10 years. Replace or remove/disable.

I removed my sensors and disabled everything with my IIDtool when I upsized my tires.
I just check pressure myself, like the good old days.

Alexsanto

Reaction score
They are the original sensor and when they checked it they said it’s still good but now you mentioned the spare tire I know for a fact they didn’t check that

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are the original sensor and when they checked it they said it’s still good but now you mentioned the spare tire I know for a fact they didn’t check that

Original sensors = 1 or more being too dead to communicate.
(Just maybe showed some "life" on test)

My money is on needing new sensors (or remove/disable).
Good luck!

Alexsanto

Reaction score
Maybe I should try replacing the sensors first they would need to be changed eventually Anyways

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi