Trailer Hitch installation...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to install Trailer Hitch on my 2016 RR 5L SC.
Do you know if I need to take it to the dealer after that to activate "something"?

Does anyone have any tips on the process? Do I need to take the rear bumper off?

Thanks!

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just opened the part... yes, the bumper needs to go off, which is not a big deal... the question is if I can get by without removing the exhaust... the instructions are not clear if I need to remove it or just drop it a bit... I guess I won’t know until I try. :)

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... hitch is installed, took me less then 3h. For those who’d have it done ones should take no more then 1-1:30h...

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean the hitch is not standard on the RR anymore? I just test drove a 15 LWB (very nice BTW) and I assumed they all had one but it was just under a cover....

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cannot say for all year models, but, as far as I know, something like 13 through 17 are the same, and it is not standard. If you don’t see it - it is not there. And it is not like rr sport or lr where “main” receiver is there, and you just need to attach the external part of it after removing the cover. For 2016 RR it requires bumper removal to install the receiver.

Greg9504

Reaction score
Did you install the factory hitch or an aftermarket one? If factory did you have to buy a harness kit or did it come with one? Thanks.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OEM. 5 pieces you need to buy: hitch itself, 2 covers, wire harness and foam spacers.

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it from dealer - $1230 plus taxes. You can get it all for a couple hundred less on internet, but I was not able to find a matching part number for a hitch itself and didn't want to spend time for research... plus potencial warranty issues...

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut