Transmission Fault

Discussion in 'LR3' started by lucas, Mar 16, 2019.

1. lucas

lucas New Member

i have a 06 LR3 SE Gas V8 4.4L ive had a transmission Fault on the dash for a while, the car slams in to gear when performing Cali stops (Accelerating from a rolling stop), and the manual/Sport feature on the Gear Shifter does not work (basically doesn't register its in sport mode and just stays in automatic).

I was just wondering how to start with fixing all of this i have started the process with buying a new Floor Shifter Box any other suggestions or theories?? Please and Thanks

2. douglastic

douglastic Active Member

It is hard to give advice on your next steps without some more info.

Do you have a GAP IIDtool?
    Have you read the error codes?
    They may help narrow down your issues.
    If you attempt any DIY with these, it is highly recommended that you get one.

- Could be as simple as needing new fluid, and a firmware update - and cleaning dirty contacts in the shift mechanism (any drink spills in that area?)

- More involved would be needing new valve body/solenoids - and a new shift mechanism

- Worst is obviously requiring a new transmission

Get some error codes and we can go from there!

3. to8nbeyond

to8nbeyond Full Access Member

We had basically the same issue with our 06 LR3. It progressively got worse and after debating over a year or so we finally decided to put a new transmission in. We've had it in a couple of years now and are glad we did it. We had 160k-ish miles on it.