Transmission problem on LR3 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samuel Daramola

Reaction score
My car stops on the road and would not engage gears until it cools down after about 20 minutes .
At times when you engage the gear its reluctant to pull on until after abiua45 seconds .
Pls advice .

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would check your transmission fluid level

slim0531

Reaction score
Had this same issue on my 2010 LR4. Transmission at times does not engage and thought that my transmission is dying. At 65k miles, It was frustrating. Brought it to the dealer expecting to shell a substantial amount for replacement transmission but turns out it was just the gear shift linkage which is about 60 bucks. So my advice is have I’d diagnosed by a professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5crows

Reaction score
Another seized transmission lever bushing. D lit on console, no D lit on dash display?

This shows the replacement of the lever, but you can also see the bushing that seizes up on the cable attachment clamp. Put some penetrating oil on the larger nut (behind the set nut) and larger nut can be turned, to loosen the rubber that is bound up. Getting that loose avoids the bigger job of replacing the lever.

Here's a pertinent youtube

I saw one that showed the D lit on console, with no D lit on the dash display, but cant find today. I think that was was showing how to disengage the console lock if stuck in park. So not that problem for me.

Last edited:

spawnywhippet

Reaction score
Is it a 2005 LR3 or a 2015 LR4? Either way, I would investigate transmission fluid level and recommend a fluid and filter change, with a simultaneous upgrade to the transmission pan so you don't need to drop the exhaust and raise the engine to replace them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV