Transparent Hood Technology

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone else posted a link to this on a different thread yesterday. I am thinking that, even if such technology makes it on a production model one day, DOT will not approve it for street use here in North America. That would be a fantastic help off road.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read that on the 2015 Discovery thread.

Agreed, DOT would probably have a field day.

Maybe option to only use it while in rock crawl mode, under 20 mph?

Either way, I know we've all been in a place where this technology would be mighty helpful!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of spotters would suddenly be unemployed on trails around the world, lol. It sure is exciting to see how quickly technology is changing the way we drive cars. Amazing stuff.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, just another example of technology causing us to outsource or lose jobs. No need to bring extra people in your car to act as spotters....this is horrible! :)

Amazing technology....at this rate I wonder if i will ever be able to afford to replace my 2012 LR4 :)

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My DIY "transparent floorboard" solution:

20140409_192455.jpg

Two cameras on the frame cross member with a toggle switch. ****** about the backup guide lines, but they were the most waterproof 180 degree cameras on amazon AND cheap. $10ea!

Last edited:

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would DoT care? It should not be obstructing the view of the road, you would technically only obstruct your vision of your own vehicle hood, yet gain visibility of more road.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV