Trying to find torx hardware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anywhere to find the torx bolts that hold on the running boards? I have searched the FSM and online, to no avail..

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Mike

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many do you need? All of them?

Last edited:

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking under the trim, and under the truck, it appears that I need all the hardware.. I called the Dealership today and got this:

Since there is not a kit for the bolts, then you have to buy the side steps to get the bolts... I repeated that back to they guy, just so he would understand that he basically told me to spend $1200 on $10 worth of bolts and washers. He stood firm.

So now I'm stuck, I scored these boards for $125 on CL :biggrin:, but cant hang them. I eventually found the following instructions, but the bolts look different than the ones on the videos and I can't get a lengh on them:

http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...iew?id=114121&parameters=highlight=side steps

Any advice?

Thanks again,

Mike

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounting bolts of my old 2006 RRS's running boards weren't Torx either, just regular M8 bolts with 13 mm hex heads. I bet they are all the same, tale a trip to a nearby hardware store and buy a few sizes of M8 bolts to test fit, you should find a replacement with matching washer. You will also need nuts for the boards themselves (M6?), which should be equally easy to source.

There are videos on YouTube that give you a pretty good idea of the type and size bolts, nuts and washers / spacers you should shop around for. Here is an example: https://youtu.be/hU2Wruv6hdg

Last edited:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use McMaster Carr for all my hardware needs. While I can't confirm the M8 size, I'll trust Umberto, amongst the others on the web that say they are, I'm sure you can stray from the torx set up up and use a socket head with washer or even your typical hex cap machine screw.

I've measured my bolts on my 2015 and they are 25mm / 1" long.

As Umberto stated, try your local hardware store to confirm thread size and pitch and go from there.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again guys.. Is it recommended that I go with stainless steel hardware?

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72