Tuffant Simpson 18" Alloys in Smoked Gray

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
I just got these on today. Not sure if new color or not but I think I have mostly (or only) seen them in black. So, thought you guys may be interested in seeing this color. Tire is LT265/65R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler. I am super pleased with how it came out. Need to look into shoving the spare in this weekend (separate thread on that). Will also be putting on my Terrafirma sliders this weekend.

Attachments

• lr tread.jpg
    lr tread.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 227
  • lr wheel.jpg
    lr wheel.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 224
  • lr front.jpg
    lr front.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 252
  • lr side.jpg
    lr side.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 254
  • lr2.jpg
    lr2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 246

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like that too! Nice combo. I also just installed my TF818 sliders from LK8. Passenger side went on like butter, installed it solo in about 25 minutes. Driver side did require the previously discussed cutouts to clear the bend and clamp on the lines. All good otherwise and does not interfere with my APT tank and compressor guards. Enjoy!

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
@CRYA do you have any advice on the slider install in more depth? I just have the manufacturer instructions. I hadn’t heard about any cutouts. Are those not in the instructions?

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn’t bother to do a write up on my experience. However the issue I encountered is well-documented around here in some threads. Basically there are some hard lines that interfere with the lip towards the rear of the slider. But, with a buddy and a hacksaw, grinder, your cutting tool of choice, you’ll be able to make the cuts and be on your way.

This one:

And:

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and for whatever reason the bolts that came with mine from Lucky 8 weren’t long enough for the bottom mounts but were perfect for the side holes. So I had to buy 12 additional allen cap M8x40 1.25 thread bolts to reach the bottom. Ymmv.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look a lot like the new Defender's 18" alloys.

Bronco1

Reaction score
Wow, I really like those!! Not a fan of black wheels, so I haven’t looked at the Tuffants, but with that grey, I’m going to do a serious look at them. Did you do any lift or mods to make them fit with the 265s?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV