Umberto, thank you so much for the DIY oil change video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We finally hit 7500 miles on our LR4. I have been changing my own oil for 30 years and have never experienced such an easy and clean oil change. The Mityvac worked great and while the oil was draining I changed the filter. Put in 8 quarts of Mobil 1 5w-20 and done. Total time was around 20 minutes.

Being the first warm day in a long time, I decided to change the LR3 oil as well. This involves ramps, removing 2 skid plates, 8 quarts of oil rushing out, oil filter dripping, trying to reach the oil filler while the LR3 is on ramps, replace the skid plates, etc. What a pain compared to the LR4.

I remember the backlash when it was announced that you had to drain the oil out of the top of the LR4. I would pay extra for that feature on future vehicles.

Umberto, thanks again for the excellent instructions!

Last edited:

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Looking forward to do this myself.

Umberto For President!

Maybe he can get his own section on here too?

Land Rover and Range Rover Forums > Technical Discussions > LR4 >Umberto's Lounge

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job. Looking forward to do this myself.

Umberto For President!

Maybe he can get his own section on here too?

Land Rover and Range Rover Forums > Technical Discussions > LR4 >Umberto's Lounge
I would vote for him, even though my nick name has me voting for my dog. :p

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And the mystery is over. I always wondered about that.

Kevin

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi