Urban Offroad Racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a roof rack from Urban Offroad? I would like to keep my full-length roof rails on my new 2013 LR4 on order and I think that Urban Offroad is the only roof rack supplier that is compatible with the LR4 full-length roof rails. I e-mailed them, but I am trying to figure out the difference between the "Exodus Series Full Roof Rack" and the "Exodus Series Pre-Runner Full Roof Rack". They are both the same price and look the same, but I can't figure out the difference.

http://www.urbanoffroad.us/index.ph...xodus-series-pre-runner-full-roof-rack-1.html

http://www.urbanoffroad.us/index.ph...n-offroad-exodus-series-full-roof-rack-2.html

I really like Baja Rack, but I think that requires only the short/half-rails. Does anyone know if you can remove the front part of the full-length roof rails to create the short/half-rail?

http://www.bajarack.com/land-rover-4-standard

Lastly, I am considering the Voyager off-road challenger edition rack, but that bolts directly without the need for any roof rails. If I go with this option, I will need to remove the rails and likely get that piece of plastic. I am leaning toward this and selling my full-length black roof rails, but it depends on the look of the Urban Offroad rack.

http://www.voyagerracks.com/DIIIVR.htm

If anyone has one of the above Urban Off Road Exodus full racks, how do you like it?

I apologize if some of this was discussed in bits and pieces elsewhere, but I wanted to create a thread. Since a few of us just ordered 2013 LR4s, it might be helpful.

Thanks!

Regards, David

LR4USN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no insight to offer. But I fully appreciate the post above it will help in roof top search once I finally land a LR4 - seeking '12 LUX RSE

Post pics once you choose your setup. I would like to see the result.

Good luck

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no insight to offer. But I fully appreciate the post above it will help in roof top search once I finally land a LR4 - seeking '12 LUX RSE

Post pics once you choose your setup. I would like to see the result.

Good luck
Thanks, LR4USN.

It's a great discussion because many folks want a full or half roof rack and there are only a few options depending on what you want and whether you have full or short/half roof rails. For those of us that ordered a 2013 with black design package, it comes standard with the full-length black roof rails, so that's why I am trying to figure out my options.

I just ordered my 2013 LR4, so I have a few months to figure it out.

Regards, David

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, those two Urban racks do look the same. I do like the cutout for the sat. antenna...

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David I was looking at the same rack from Urban. I was also debating on the platform as well. I don't want to deal with swapping the rails out. If you find out the differences between the per-runner and the exodus please let us know.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David I was looking at the same rack from Urban. I was also debating on the platform as well. I don't want to deal with swapping the rails out. If you find out the differences between the per-runner and the exodus please let us know.
I heard back from Derek at Urban Offroad and he said the pre-runner style is basically the same as the full rack, but the front is designed a little bit different to hold bigger off-road lights. He said it would look odd if you didn't put lights on it. Basically he said everything else is the same between the two exodus models. They seem to be very open to custom work, so that's cool. I think I would go with the exodus full-length rack.

The nice thing about these racks is that they fit right on your full-length roof rails.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I gotta say, those two Urban racks do look the same. I do like the cutout for the sat. antenna...
Me too... They seem really well made and the guy is really nice - very responsive to questions.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of his half racks. I've been delinquent in taking pics of it mounted. Will try and get to it tonight. Nice rack. Derek was easy to work with.

LR34

Reaction score
I have one of his half racks. I've been delinquent in taking pics of it mounted. Will try and get to it tonight. Nice rack. Derek was easy to work with.

While you're taking pics, if it's not a problem, please take one from the side (or back). I'd like to see the size of the gap between the sides of the roof rack (where they drop down) and the top of the roof. I know you mentioned about an inch between rack and rail, but since the rack seems to angle down on the sides I was wondering if that gap to the roof was about an inch as well.

Thanks.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, NASdiesel!

I have been e-mailing with Derek and he is really great - very responsiveness and helpful. I live about 3 hours away from him, so the free installation is awesome. I am defintely going with his Exodus full-length roof rack, ladder, and slider/steps if my current slider/steps can't be easily put on the new LR4. He does free installation of the rack and sliders and charges about $50.00 to install the ladder (worth it).

He sent me a bunch of photos, but looking forward to seeing more.

-David

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA