"Vehicle Raising Slowly"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After our latest trail run that included some pretty big obstacles, I started getting the message "Vehicle Raising Slowly" after clearing a series of faults and having my suspension lowered. Another LR3 driver got the EXACT same symptoms and messages and we both needed alignments.

Now that I've gotten an alignment and all is well and no more faults...the message still persists, even though the EAS seems to be working fine...meaning raising 99% of the way and then "raising slowly" ...or so it says.

Anyone else experienced this? I doubt this is hardware related since things appear to work fine and my buddy gets the same thing after getting the same faults and going through the same obstacle. I'm guessing an EAS software re-flash will fix it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Trynian

Reaction score
It is interesting that both trucks have the same issue.

The only time I have seen that message was when either the compressor was hot, the resevoir was depleted, or the compressor was not working right and not repleneshing the resevoir fast enough.

If you have a faultmate you can monitor how fast the resevoir is re-filling the resevoir.

What faults were you getting?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently I'm not getting any faults. The faults I was gettting were HDC and Special Programs were unavailable. Also the Suspension was lowered and the amber "BRAKE" was illuminated. The suspension icon and DSC icons were illuminated amber as well.

...basically everything was consistent with a wheel-angle sensor being toasted; with the addition of the "vehicle raising slowly" message.

I don't know *** it is. I am going to take it in next week to do the lower control arms (bushings are shot) so maybe I'll have them re-flash the EAS software. It'd be one thing if it weren't lifting the damn truck up...but it is.

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So to round out the symptoms, I also got the faults going over the obstace (#3) and it kicked my alignment off. However, after I restared everything went away. I did get the suspension fault a couple minutes later, but after a restart it never came back.

However the rest of the guys had their problem continue.

Houm_WA you can view the air pressure in the tank with the IIDTool if you want to see

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is that pressure supposed to be? Like what value?

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For everyone's knowledge. This information was taken from any early build 2008 with the IIDTool. I don't believe I have had the EAS software update to reduce the pressure in the tank.

Pressure in tank: 210-257
Compressor turn on: 210
Compressor turn off: 257

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some updates: First, my suspension seems to raise up just fine when I go in steps. Boosts up to Normal no problem; then I let the compressor finish running and I hit the switch again and up to Off-Road no problem. No messages. Also, interestingly...the pressure pumped up (read using the IIDTool) to 257 psi and then almost immediately let out some air and the pressure went way down...to about 50-60 psi.

Trynian

Reaction score
Some updates: First, my suspension seems to raise up just fine when I go in steps. Boosts up to Normal no problem; then I let the compressor finish running and I hit the switch again and up to Off-Road no problem. No messages. Also, interestingly...the pressure pumped up (read using the IIDTool) to 257 psi and then almost immediately let out some air and the pressure went way down...to about 50-60 psi.

That to me sounds like the resevoir valve block may be having an issue.

Last edited:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm,

I found when watching mine that at normal the compressor runs to 257 then stops. The tank pressure then slowly bleeds down a bit. After watching it for 15min it dropped down to 215.

If I hit offroad height, it would of course drop down to 50 then immediately start pumping up to 257.

Now this was the odd one, when I hit normal from offroad, it dumped the air in the tank again down to something like 30-40. Compressor did not turn on. Then it slowly raised back up into the 200's over the course of 10 minutes.

My guess is that the tool/computer is measuring the galley pressure, not the tank pressue. Hence the dump of air when lowering.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV