Vibration under my BUTT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
Does anybody know what size socket or wrench to use to remove the bolts on the front drive shaft

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
Thank you very much preciate it.I bought this 2011 back three years ago and I've had nothing but problems with it not really sure if it was not maintained properly but it seems like everytime I get one thing fixed something else goes wrong so I've been trying to do it all myself you're probably going to see me posting threads on here quite a bit thanks again!

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much preciate it.I bought this 2011 back three years ago and I've had nothing but problems with it not really sure if it was not maintained properly but it seems like everytime I get one thing fixed something else goes wrong so I've been trying to do it all myself you're probably going to see me posting threads on here quite a bit thanks again!

What are you trying to fix by taking the prop shaft off?

What are your exact symptoms? Sure it’s the prop shaft?

Last edited:

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
Vibration on driver side.Hard loud clunk shifting into drive and reverse. Gradually getting worse. Checked tire, brakes, . Watcwheel hub.Watched couple videos read some articles and came up with drive shaft.

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vibration on driver side.Hard loud clunk shifting into drive and reverse. Gradually getting worse. Checked tire, brakes, . Watcwheel hub.Watched couple videos read some articles and came up with drive shaft.

Have you done a transmission service? I’d check your drive shaft for play before removal. It may be drive shaft, but I’d do some diagnosis before you start throwing parts at it.

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
How would you check the driveshaft? I have the truck all blocked up for easier accessibility underneath it what would you say my next move is?

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holding the yoke and driveshaft with U-joint in the middle, torque rotate clockwise and counterclockwise as well up and down at both directions radially at the U joint observing radial play as well rotational. Repeat checking the half shafts. Hope you find a sloppy or shot "lifetime" U joint vs worn internal splines in the transfer case to transmission or coupling to transfer or locating internally worn or damaged splines aka very expensive repairs beyond the average DIY LR owner's mechanical abilities ......~~=o&o>.......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut