vision assist surround cameras

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joyce

Reaction score
so i think we are all in agreement that the surround camera system has it's limitations. i think i could appreciate it a little more if i could get the front junction view to make some sense. right now- i basically have the same view on each of the front cameras. i tried to move the images (only possible after enlarging?) so that even if they share a partial view- i could distinctly see left and right aspects when chosen at a later time. unsuccessful, doesn't remain. has anyone been successful at this?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought of actually relocating the two front cameras on the bumper, near the left and right corners... But would have to see if the wiring would allow enough play to do that, plus am not sure if the current camera mount would be compatible with the inner bumper's curved surface. Perhaps the 2014 bumper will be backward compatible? One of the improvements made to the new model year is a true T-junction view of the front cameras, which are finally positioned the way they were supposed to be all along, on the outer edges of the front bumper.

I don't think it's possible to permanently modify the view angle of the cameras via software.

Last edited:

joyce

Reaction score
thanks umbertob- oh well. despite the shortcoming- still glad i chose the 2013. so far this is really the only feature that disturbs me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi