Wanted: LR3 Wheels OEM 18x8 'grooved' 10 spoke.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Any chance anyone is looking to sell, or knows where to buy (can't find a full set of 4 anywhere on the web) some LR3 OEM 18x8 'grooved' 10 spoke wheel in great condition?

I want to replace my OEM 19 inch.

Thanks y'all.

douglastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find any on the web either
Finally hit some local junk yards and found a good set

Might want to include reg 10-spoke or 5-spoke in your options
Those grooved ones are not as common

GL

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Priced right but bet shipping across the country would possibly **** the deal. Best to see wheels in person unless photos sent showing closeup cherry or any damage.
I'd mount and spin them first on a hub to make sure the rims spun true be it used or new rims.
Bent rims due to the tyre clowns catching the rim and not the tyre on a horizontal bead breaking machine standing on the air foot valve a long time resulting in rims that now wobble, forget about not having vibration issues. If a "slight wobble" they can be saved by taking a light cut off the hub mounting surface. I have mounted rims on the Bridgeport mill and rescued several over the years including aftermarket expensive BMW rims ending up spinning dead nuts true afterwards. Purchased cheap due to vibration issues only requiring a light cut to correct not those big hit wobbling rims.....~~+o&o>......

Timbo

Reaction score
Good tip Beemernut... I'm now just wondering if i should be buying them new to avoid the risks you describe...

shipping hasn't been too bad... most salvage yards are quoting $20-$30 per wheel to ship to CA.

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but the grooved ones are sooo much prettier ;)
I second your opinion.

I hear ya, i'm near the S.F. bay area and a lot of LR parts are from back east. Must add, salted roads plus owners allowing metallic pad rust buildup that attacks the clearcoat finish another consideration to look out for.
Detailed out bad finished rims, base with clearcoat repainted, bingo showroom new again how I worked on rare find rims. Spray painted with equipment not rattle cans, two part paints. and afterwards all balance weights installed behind the outboard beads not seen.

Check your local Pick-n-Pull and other yards especially get there early during 1/2 price presidents or other holidays then check and purchase. Bring lug nuts to mount and spin rims checking that they spin true a must check along with condition, no curb rash issues. Screw any mounted tyres if still mounted. Full alloy spare rim and tyre vs the crappy steel rim with a ****** tyre.
Scouting for spare LR parts one 1/2 off president's weekend I located a allow rim with a still new Michelin tyre on it covered as a spare. A 255/65-16 tyre the exact tyres I run in brand and model Michelins vs stock 235/70-16. Same matching silver gray rim as the rest.
Paid $37.50 waved the return policy. Only modification had to add those thin spare tyre flanged nuts having centering cones to the spare tyre lugs allowing the wider tyre to clear the rear door hatch and paint, this a 1/4" flanged nut spacer. The centering cones also a plus centering the spare vs onto the studs and trying to get the shouldered lug nuts started.
95 D1 5 spd. w/4.9 stroker crank installed on the 4.6 engine.....~~=o&o>......

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA