Warranty LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landmark

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased extended warranty through land rover or 3rd party on their LR4 yet?

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geico MBI

I have Geico insurance and they have MBI insurance, or Mechanical Breakdown Insurance, and you can add it to you plan while the car is 15 months or younger. It adds like $20 to my plan every month and it covers my car for 7 years or 100,000 miles. There is a $250 deductible, but you can go to any mechanic and Geico covers EVERYTHING without hassle (except tires, oild change, and brakes, normal stuff). It has great reviews and I actually learned about it on these forums. I am sure most large insurance carriers have something similar. I chose this over purchasing an extended warranty from LR. Google Geico MBI Insurance for testimonies...there are A LOT of them.

Good luck!

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a JM&A service contract for 7 years.

Landmark

Reaction score
With Geico, do you know if you have to have their auto insurance? I'm assuming you have to pay the repair bill and then submit to geico for reimbursement?

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With Geico, do you know if you have to have their auto insurance? I'm assuming you have to pay the repair bill and then submit to geico for reimbursement?

Here is the link to the MBI insurance

http://www.geico.com/getaquote/auto/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

From what I have researched and what I was told, Geico has an entire division devoted to this part of the company and your mechanic calls them directly and they work out the price and I believe they bill Geico while you just pay the $250. Every review I have read says that no one EVER has paid more than the $250 deductible and they love not having to haggle with any 3rd party payer themselves to get the most for their money. I feel most confident with this program since it is backed by such a huge company. You just have to purchase it before the car is 15 mos old.

As far as if you have to have Geico insurance in order to purchase MBI, that I do not know. Its worth a call to them and even a call to your current provider to see if they have a similar program. Hope this helps!

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with Geico MBI as well. I briefly considered a third-party insurance when purchasing mine, but the prices are truly thru the roof on those, and I was less than confident in their coverage. Geico, on the other hand, is a huge company with very good reputation. That said, Geico is on the expensive side , but the no-hassle convenience and 24/7 service is worth it to me

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After Market Warranty

You have to have a policy with Geico to get the coverage. I struck out twice because i have owned my LR4 for 19 months and i have 21K on it. Back to the drawiing board because i think it would be very wise to have an extended warranty on this vehicle due to LR's ratings.

Landmark

Reaction score
That's to bad. i don't have Geico for insurance. i'm at 26k and i would like to have a little more extension. I had 06 LR3 and it had it's share of minor problems but i will say none with the engine. I beleive a lot of the bugs have been worked out, only concern down the road would be electrical and air suspension.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warranty

That's to bad. i don't have Geico for insurance. i'm at 26k and i would like to have a little more extension. I had 06 LR3 and it had it's share of minor problems but i will say none with the engine. I beleive a lot of the bugs have been worked out, only concern down the road would be electrical and air suspension.

I am VERY concerned about the suspension in the future. Let's pray. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA