Water in the cabin headliner. 2016 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the answer is most likely the sunroof drains.... however I have a question.

The water is originating from the center of the windshield where my overhead console lights are. It has not spread more than a foot or so in each direction. Everything else is dry all the way to the A pillars, is this still a sign of sunroof drains or could this be a windshield issue? LR replaced my windshield last summer.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the sunroof drains themselves, the tubes would need to have come disconnected from the sunroof to cause the water signs there, and then only maybe.

Could be the actual seam of the sunroof itself.

The plastic trim around the dome lights isn't hard to pull down. You can try that to see if you can tell where the water is coming from.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's the sunroof drains themselves, the tubes would need to have come disconnected from the sunroof to cause the water signs there, and then only maybe.

Could be the actual seam of the sunroof itself.

The plastic trim around the dome lights isn't hard to pull down. You can try that to see if you can tell where the water is coming from.

That is what I was thinking, most of the time its down the A pillars down to the floor right? I'll take a look tomorrow. With all the ash from last summers fires here in CO I don't doubt that they could have slowly clogged.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tube from the sunroof goes down and drains behind the two air intake vents on the left and right front fenders.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like they are clogged and pooling towards the center. Just my luck its raining....I'm going to painters tape a trashbag over the sunroof while its sits.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in mind if the drains are full and or clogged at the top it will leak at the path of least resistance.

thebigtruck

Reaction score
Sunroof drains. When I had the same issue I was told the tubes will collapse after time. Headliner has to come out to fix. Costly but necessary repair.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA