Water leak from dome light?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
The drain tubes go down to your side vents. Look for tubes on the top rear corner of each or your side vents and try clearing it from there.

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I found it now. However I broke one side vent trying to remove it. So there's another $100 immediately tacked on to this job...

Getting the headliner removed was easy. Getting back in looks like it's going to be a *****

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy aftermarket side vents from PowerfulUK, or I'm sure you can find used ones on eBay or something.

CKJordan

Reaction score
I have had the same issue with trimmer string looping back through some invisible opening in the sunroof and have never been able to use string to push through the full length of drain tube to clear the line. Because of this I generally pull the end of the drain line from the lower footwell of driver / passenger side and use compressed air to blow out any blockage. It seems that I have to use compressed air at least once a quarter otherwise the drivers side stops draining and I have leaks.. When trying to run trimmer string from the bottom up to sunroof I run into some sort of bind / blockage that I cannot push through. Anyone else successful in pushing trimmer string through the full length of tube? Love the LR4 except for sunroof leaks....

Rover Range

Reaction score
Sometimes the rear drain tubes will have slight bow- upwards- that can cause the sunroof not to drain.
You can cut an inch off the hose and reinsert it on the barbed fitting.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4Dude