Water leaks after it rains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

besttruckfordogs

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a 2010 LR4 Lux and have had the LR dealer clean drainage tubes very often as the state they get clogged and the water backs up and leaks through the center console, through the air bags and recently through the rear window.

Does anyone know how to clean the clogged drains themselves as it is a waste of money paying the dealer for an issue that is recurring.

thank you

duddleysdraw

Reaction score
My 2010 leaks after just about every rain we are out in. The leak manifests itself in the passenger side floorboard and the carpet gets soaked.

Dealer tried 3 times to fix it but failed all 3 times. Once they said it was a problem with the sunroof drains, another they removed and reinstalled the windshield (now with new highway noise) and then finally said it may be some cowling or pillar leak.

Tired of dealing with dealership and really looking for a solution as well!

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Three sources of leaks:

1) Sunroof drains. Clear them and "V" the end of the hoses to prevent debris from piling up...
2) Cowling drains. Again clear debris and make sure they are clear
3) A Pillar garnish clips. There are a multitude of clips that secure the A pillar garnish to the A pillar. These clips have little gaskets. Do not re use after replacing windshield. Get new ones.

Frank8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very helpful-I had no idea these drains existed. How do you find the sunroof drains and how to clean.
Frank

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they fixed it with the LR4 (probably not) but the fresh air intake for the cabin was notorious for being the cause of leaks.. After the windshield cowling warped, rain would fall past it into the engine compartment, where the ridiculously designed intake would catch it and dump it onto your passenger floor. My bet is it's that. I fixed my LR3's leak with a $.50 piece of aluminum flashing and a couple pop rivets.

Mobile Glass

Reaction score
Agree with KTM525. This info (less the A Pillar issue) applies to MOST vehicles. You can visit any model or make specific forum and find, from the words of Michael Jackson "You are not alone." ha Now windshield leaking will always be on the dashboard or visible by the A Pillars, the bottom of the windshield will not leak -unless you need to be flipped over! Any questions regarding Land Rover windshields try: http://landroverwindshieldrepair.com/ -seems to be a great source.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start with the cowling area. To access the drain tubes for the sunroof you need to partially pull the headliner and the A pillar trim (inside) which involves temporarily disconnecting your curtain airbags.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA