Weird battery behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
I took it to my indy after that no start issue and they pulled a bunch of codes, cleared most of them except for 3 that were permanent. One of them was the same U0100 code that's been plaguing me. I'll scan it again tonight and see what's come up.

As you may guess, no resolution with that comm issue to this day. I ended up taking it to Sherman Oaks Exclusive and not the dealer when I was down in LA. They couldn't find anything, although I got the feeling they didn't really do much, but that's a story for another post. I took it to Cerrone's European after I got back and they couldn't figure it out either. I took it to my local indy and he basically gave me a Nope. At this point, unless if it worsens to the point of an obvious culprit (which seems like the course) I'm stuck dealing with it myself. In my younger years I'd have been deep into this already, but nowadays I just can't afford to spend my time like that anymore. :(

Justin Allen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a Followup, no I never figured it out. But as I’ve started driving it more, I’m not getting a low battery warning. Still want the H8 AGM but as long as this one is working I’ll keep hanging on to it I guess

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Justin. I've been driving mine also and still getting the low battery warning randomly, though not often. Ran the scanner and no codes.

PoorLifeDecisions

Reaction score
Just wanted to update my end, the culprit of my electrical woes has been a failing alternator. Once the interior and brake lights started flickering and the practically new Interstate battery tested good, I had a hunch it was the alternator. Just got it replaced and so far so good. No more flickering lights. I will update this if anything changes. Nice to have closure.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut