Weird Sound Driver Side when going over rough spots on road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMGarza

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Ranger Rover Autobiography that recently starting making this weird sound when going over rough spots on the road. It happens at low speeds and high speeds. What's weird is that it doesn't do it all the time! The sound is hard to describe almost like a rattle but today after that initial sound it produced a low volume tv static sound as well. Could it be speakers or something to do with the audio. I tried shutting off the radio as well.. but it still happened. Feel like if I take it in they will have a hard time replicating the sound as it happens sporadically. Any ideas on this at all? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s really not much to go on. Maybe you could do an audio recording and post it up. Perhaps put down your passenger window and have a passenger record as your driving over some bumps.

When you say TV static noise, I’m thinking about a metal-on-metal noise - maybe something dragging on a wheel or brake. A dragging brake pad can make a noise like that. And, if the brake pads are loose, they can rattle over bumps as they flop back and forth between the caliper and the rotor. Really could be lots of things, but you might want to have your brakes checked as a starting point. Check for pad wear and to make sure none of the calipers are seized up.

grimmecm

Reaction score
That’s really not much to go on. Maybe you could do an audio recording and post it up. Perhaps put down your passenger window and have a passenger record as your driving over some bumps.

When you say TV static noise, I’m thinking about a metal-on-metal noise - maybe something dragging on a wheel or brake. A dragging brake pad can make a noise like that. And, if the brake pads are loose, they can rattle over bumps as they flop back and forth between the caliper and the rotor. Really could be lots of things, but you might want to have your brakes checked as a starting point. Check for pad wear and to make sure none of the calipers are seized up.
Loose brake pad was my first thought too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV