What did you do with your Lr4 Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen these threads on other forums and it's fun. Thought maybe we could get one going here.

I'll start it off with a picture of my Lr4 with the christmas tree we cut down this weekend strapped to the roof:
IMG_5065.jpg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have some random ticking. So, I pulled the belts and inspected the rotating accessories. I also replaced the plastic idler pulley with a metal version.

20201209_140933.jpg
20201209_141556.jpg
20201209_144419.jpg

Also played with my fan and it has some play (look at the distance from the yellow sticker). So I will replace that eventually.
20201209_140957.jpg
20201209_141000.jpg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went out to the marina for a final check on the boat before shrinkwrapping. The LR4 is the perfect workhorse for lugging boating gear and passengers. And it always brings the smiles when we get back to the dock for the drive home.

CAP02223 (1).jpg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! I miss that view. The ocean that is lol

I went out to the marina for a final check on the boat before shrinkwrapping. The LR4 is the perfect workhorse for lugging boating gear and passengers. And it always brings the smiles when we get back to the dock for the drive

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Monday, I took my 2012 LR4 to a local independent mechanic who specializes in Land Rovers, intending to have them replace the front and rear crossover pipes. My front was done at my dealer about 40k miles ago when I was still under my CPO warranty. The rear has never been done, as far as I know (I bought my LR4 when it was 3 years old with 40k miles on it and it's 8 years old with 100k miles on it now).

After inspecting it in his shop, the mechanic called me and said it would be a waste of time and money to replace those pipes as mine looked excellent. He said he's replaced countless crossover pipes in the front of the 5.0 engines, but has never had to replace one of the rear ones.

Someone telling me a Land Rover needs no work unsettles me, so last night I went ahead and ordered the pipes online so that I may satisfy the Rover gods. I will sit on them and either do the job myself or at least have them handy if and when the need arises.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with having parts on hand lol.

I have both front axles and seals, the passenger valve cover, front crossover and y pipe, and a thermostat sitting on the shelf.

On Monday, I took my 2012 LR4 to a local independent mechanic who specializes in Land Rovers, intending to have them replace the front and rear crossover pipes. My front was done at my dealer about 40k miles ago when I was still under my CPO warranty. The rear has never been done, as far as I know (I bought my LR4 when it was 3 years old with 40k miles on it and it's 8 years old with 100k miles on it now).

After inspecting it in his shop, the mechanic called me and said it would be a waste of time and money to replace those pipes as mine looked excellent. He said he's replaced countless crossover pipes in the front of the 5.0 engines, but has never had to replace one of the rear ones.

Someone telling me a Land Rover needs no work unsettles me, so last night I went ahead and ordered the pipes online so that I may satisfy the Rover gods. I will sit on them and either do the job myself or at least have them handy if and when the need arises.

Michael Conley

Reaction score
Just grabbed our Christmas tree, was the easiest thing ever. I've lived in the city for years (moved to the suburbs 'cause Covid) and it was always an ordeal to get the damn thing to our apartment.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went on the breast milk run to the wife’s office. Never missed a beat with such an important cargo, fridge working like a charm.

AdventureTim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back from the dealer. I have an odd issue where the steering wheel points off center but the car drives perfectly straight. This seemed to arise after getting an alignment or having the front upper (perhaps lower) control arms replaced. It was fine when I collected it from the dealer, but by the time I made it home the steering wheel was offset about 10 degrees. Fingers crossed it stays fixed!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut