What is the beep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Greetings!

Has anyone experienced a "beep" while driving (regardless of speed) or taking off from a stand still? I did not see any unusual indicator lights on the dash or anywhere else.

I've noticed this 5x in the past 2 days and while I test drove it before purchasing it. Note: I recently purchased the LR3 and it did not come from a LR dealer...

Thanks

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you hear multiple beeps or just one? A lot of times, ppl are hearing the "it's getting cold' beep when your outside temperature reading falls below 40 degrees.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Yes, that's possible. There's only one beep. I've noticed the star next to the temp gauge at 39 degrees each time it goes off... I cannot believe it's so cold in texas..

Thanks!

PakiRover

Reaction score
What the?

Ditto that....

Heard the beep while driving for the first time in 5 months. Dashboard confirmed first time for 39 degrees in SA, TX. Another technological marvel for the LR3.

Still waiting for the beep indicating availability of good customer service at the dealer...

fidhleir

Reaction score
I suspect the purpose of the beep is to warn you of possible ice on the road, especially on bridges and in shady areas.

DonA

Reaction score
Ahhh Yes the 39 deg. "ding"....wish there was a shut off for that.

Here in NJ were the avg daily temp is 35-45 the "ding" grows old fast

fidhleir

Reaction score
Well, here in Southern California, the first "ding" of the year is the only indication we get of a changing of the seasons. ;-)

goinsurfin

Reaction score
I'm adding new beeps to my original posting. On 4 occasions at a stop light, I heard 3 beeps in a row. I did not see any indicator icons. The temp is now 57 degrees... :confused:

What is this?

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm adding new beeps to my original posting. On 4 occasions at a stop light, I heard 3 beeps in a row. I did not see any indicator icons. The temp is now 57 degrees... :confused:

What is this?
Does your vehicle have front or rear PDC? Perhaps it was engaged.

Did you check to see if any information messages were stored? I think there is an "*i" icon on the central display when there are stored messages which could have caused a >beep<.

You didn't happen to see one of these after hearing the sound? :biggrin:

180px-Roadrunner.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut