What more aggressive tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsanch21

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I know this has been covered before, but what tires give the best blend of off road capability as well as on road comfort? Not looking for M/T, but just something a little more rubbed looking. The stock contis just look a little anemic. The tire size is 255/55/19Thanks

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there are not much for "rugged" tires even if you were needing it for offroading. The scorpions are the only ones i found minus getting the goodyear mtr's that are awesome but not sold in the us anymore in this size. You can go up to 20s and add the johnson rods for bigger tires or go down to 18s with the compmotive wheels in another post on this board. But if you aren't big on offroading and just want the Rugged" look in 19s, there's not much for options.

Last edited:

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am planning to go with the nokian wrg2...complaints of flat spots on the pirellis scare me a little, scorpion atr might be a bit more aggresive offroad, but nokian i think will be much better on wet roads, esp any snow conditions, and has a good tread pattern, so it should be more helpful for far more of the surfaces my lr4 will see.....the goodyear mtr still shows up in the uk market, but a very poor performer on goodyears uk site on wet roads.....it is def the best mud tire in existence for this tire size, if you can get it from the uk.....but vastly superior wet road, packed snow or slush performance from the nokian makes it the clear choice for me......

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV