What should I strip off this LR3 for spare parts for my LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This 2006 Beauty just showed up at my local U-Pull junk yard this evening - anything worth while to pull for spare parts?

Surprised this thing is at a junk yard, seems to be in great shape cosmetically.

8BB4785D-D7C0-4119-A9E3-E17881EA98DE.jpeg

B76D8769-4F63-4B15-8F65-8E06F923131C.jpeg

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are those the 18" wheels? Probably worth while if you off road.

Any idea why it made it into a junk yard? The 4.4 V8s are supposed to be pretty reliable. I've been eyeing up LR3s as another vehicle, but with fuel going up I'm not sure I want two bricks in my garage.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has an aftermarket hitch. I wonder if the hood latch sensor and brake switch would be worth picking. You are right, the exterior looks great.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call on the wheels! I was thinking the same about the hitch and possibly the wiring harness, I'll try to stop by today before those goodies get picked.

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate actuator motor, rear wiper motor, air suspension reservoir, spare wheel winch mechanism, wheel bearings

NorthwestDriver

Reaction score
Wheel arch trim--fender flares. Matte black is better than body color IMO.
Those flares won’t fit an LR4 without swapping the fenders, headlights, and front bumper.

I’d grab air valve blocks, ride height sensors (if cheap), roof rails (if needed), wheels (if they will sell them, some won’t for whatever reason). The air compressor could be good for a spare if you have a hitachi (I think they changed to AMK in 2012).

Honestly, there isn’t a lot that is interchangeable beyond the glass and parts of the suspension. I think the transfer case in early LR4s is identical, but that’s an ordeal to remove and I wouldn’t want to do it at a U-Pull.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those flares won’t fit an LR4 without swapping the fenders, headlights, and front bumper.

I’d grab air valve blocks, ride height sensors (if cheap), roof rails (if needed), wheels (if they will sell them, some won’t for whatever reason). The air compressor could be good for a spare if you have a hitachi (I think they changed to AMK in 2012).

Honestly, there isn’t a lot that is interchangeable beyond the glass and parts of the suspension. I think the transfer case in early LR4s is identical, but that’s an ordeal to remove and I wouldn’t want to do it at a U-Pull.

They will fit just fine. It's been done

Here is the member on here if you want to message him

Post in thread 'Front Fender Flare' https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/front-fender-flare.41517/post-213662

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing would **** me off more than doing all the work to change out a mechanical part only to find the part I replaced it with is 90% clapped out. Maybe I'm showing my privilege or something, but I'd stick with pulling hard, non-mechanical parts like wheels, roof rails, fender flares, etc.

No telling how many miles the compressor, valves, springs, etc. have on them. Only way I'd ever use a part like that is if I was looking to flip my Rover shortly, and I might even have a moral problem with that unless I'm totally resurrecting a basket case.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut