What to do with old rotors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I changed my brakes and rotors last week. Any suggestions on what to do with the old rotors? I purchased the new ones via Atlantic British. It seems like a waste to just toss 100 pounds of metal in the trash. :dontknow:

On a side note, if you are changing your brake pad sensors, I'd recommend doing the rear one first. As has been mentioned in numerous other posts, the connector for the front sensor is hidden behind the wheel well plastic and is extremely difficult to see. Doing the rear one first gives you a good sense of how the connector works, thus allowing you to blindly change the front sensor with just your hands.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
-Book ends.

-Door weights (hold open a door)

-There has to be some football tailgating game you could make out of the four of them! Maybe lob golf balls or washers at them and try to get 'em in the center. Open up a case a beer and grab some loose hardware from the garage....something will make sense. LOL

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions everybody. GreyMatter, your scrap yard idea sounds reasonable. BTW, I had an 89 GLI a while back; it was a great car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV