Will I still be able to drive these tires with a suspension fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timbo

Reaction score
I apologize for yet another tire question, though I genuinely couldn't find an answer on this or other boards.

I looking to put on some OEM 18" alloy wheels with some BFG KO2 265/60R18's onto my 2006 LR3 (which currently has the stock 255/55R19 wheel).

NB, I'm looking to buy the wheels from here unless I can find them used cheaper elsewhere.

The KO2 265/60R18 are only slightly bigger at 30.5" diameter/10.4" width, opposed to the stock wheel which is 30"/10".

My question is if there was the commonly talked about suspension fault that results in the car lowering itself down to the bump stocks, can I still crawl out with these tires, or will the car end up resting on the tire?

I'm on the trail far less than the highway, and in snow most winters, but I still want something more capable than the highway tire (without going stupidly big). This seems like a sensible choice. Does anyone else have any experience with this size tire/wheel combo? Any negatives I should know about? Rubbing? It's less wheel than the 19 inch obviously but slightly more rubber, so I'm assuming it won't affect fuel economy too drastically, nor add extra force onto the suspension components?

And I'm also assuming any reputable tire shop will be able to easily fit and balance the new wheels without much fuss, or without the LR3 needing any modifications?

Thank you for your help in advance. I'm a long-time listener, first-time caller.

Timbo

Reaction score
Thanks mate,

and it's an easy job, ie no relocation of sensors/recalibration of existing sensors or tire management thing-y-ma-bobs?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to do anything...not for a half inch greater OD.

Timbo

Reaction score
That's what I was hoping.

And ps, if the car does lower to bump stocks, that is different/lower than access mode right?

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember my exact size but my OD is right at 32 and with susp. error and dropping to the bumpstops I'm still able to drive. That is actual real world experience. That's why I went with what I think are 275/60-19, specifically being the largest I could do and still move without hitting the fender.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run 265/70/18 Cooper S/T Maxx and I can still move on the bump stops. Cooper says they are 32.87” overall diameter. I had to flatten the pinch seam and it rubs the liner in the rear, but it will still drive.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...what if you have to turn!?!? :)
Was that for me? It turns fine, biggest clearance issue is the pinch seam in the rear wheel wells. I didn’t need to remove the bolt on frame horns either.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut