Will you still buy a Land Rover if it is part of Tata?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by LR3&SD, May 14, 2008.

Will you still buy LR's ?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2008.
  1. I will still buy Land Rovers under the new owners

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. I will not buy any further Land Rovers due to the new owners

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. LR3&SD

LR3&SD Member

Simple poll to show an estimate of the impact of Tata taking over Rover, since as far as I know the deal is not complete.

1. I will purchase new Land Rovers under the new ownership
    2. I do not plan on purchasing any further new Land Rovers due to the new ownership

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  2. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

I notice you don't state new or used rovers.....

3. Chongo

Chongo Full Access Member

Will you still buy a Land Rover if it is part of Tata?

Simple poll to show an estimate of the impact of Tata taking over Rover, since as far as I know the deal is not complete.

1. I will purchase new Land Rovers under the new ownership
    2. I do not plan on purchasing any further new Land Rovers due to the new ownership

Last edited by LR3&SD : 05-15-2008 at 06:16 AM.

Personally I think the company Tata is rather clever, and I would hate to be the one to underestimate the companies overall potential. A true fact remains that they may have bitten off more than they can chew, sort of speak. However, think of it this way, they are doing nothing different than every major motor company predating their time.
    If they make the right engineering design changes and iron out all the issues with LR and Jaguar, they’ll be the cat’s meeeoowww………..

Only time will tell how their management works.

Never underestimate or look down on human potential, for it only defines arrogance……

Chongo
    :bandit:

4. davidmn

davidmn New Member

good

OK, we will investigate why PP is short-changing people of the trial period

5. Disco_Fever

Disco_Fever Member

I have high hopes that Tata Motors will be the best thing that's happened to LR and Jaguar in a long time. Ford certainly did them no favors!

6. LR3&SD

LR3&SD Member

Are you kidding!

Without the help from BMW and Ford LR would be gone long ago. BMW engineering and wiring quality from Ford, make the current LR's what they are.

Though I did not see anything new and innovative toward the end of LR being owned by Ford.

7. jak167

jak167 Active Member

If the Tata looks to build from the gains made by BMW and Ford, then Rover will continue to excel. Tata seems like the type of young company not burdened "old ways" thinking of the major auto companies. However, if Tata just tries to rest upon the Rover laurels to try to reap financial benfit, then Rover's going down in flames (ie: Saab and GM).

Whether I would buy new from Tata? It's too soon to say. I want to see the first major model rollout from their engineers (not ones already in the pipeline)

8. antichrist

antichrist Full Access Member

I might buy a new one if they made something I wanted. But I don't expect to ever buy a new one because they are making them all too high tech. More than likely I won't buy anything newer than a Defender that still has the dash vents.

9. Maddie

Maddie Full Access Member

I sure wish them well and well they would be if they would only build a vehicle and import to the states that is a defender styled vehicle. O excuse me we in the states cannot have simple and reliable vehicles.

10. LROffroad

LROffroad Full Access Member

I will always own a Land Rover

I will probably always onw a Land Rover. If not as my primary car definately as a secondary..... Everything about Rover's is great:biggrin: Right now I really wanna buy an old classic one, particularly a Series 3 and send it up to East Coast Rover to have them bring it back to it's original glory!!