Windshield Defroster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mturnerua

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with my front windshield defroster on my 06 LR3. In several spots the heating element doesn't work. The main section happens to be about a 6 inch strip right in front of the drivers seat. Is there a connection somewhere that might be loose? Any thoughts?
Thanks

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 06 where I only get about 35% of it working anymore. Next time I go to the dealer Im gonna ask and see what they can do. I dont have high hopes though being the windshield. Good luck.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had mine done about a month ago... seems pretty common. The dealership outsources the install, so apparently any autoglass shop can do it - for those of you out of warranty.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 05 HSE checked out for the same problem. Luckily it's on the passenger side. Im out of warranty so the stealership quoted me $1500 (CDN) for a new windshield...I can live with only the driverside defrosted...

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are 2 plugs, one for each side of the w/s, always check the connection first.
Never go to the dealer unless you are under warranty because as already mentioned they don't install them any way, it is subbed out, they just add an extra profit on what they charge you.
Yes this is common on some glass and there is nothing that can be done about it other then to replace it.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my 05 HSE checked out for the same problem. Luckily it's on the passenger side. Im out of warranty so the stealership quoted me $1500 (CDN) for a new windshield...I can live with only the driverside defrosted...

zulu - what part of Canada are you in? I was doing some searching a while back (6 months?) and tracked down the glass to ~$750 CAD installed... will try to dig up the link.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im in Vancouver, BC...funny how you mentioned that price. When the guy at the stealership first told me aobu the windshield, he said "I think theyre around $800..".. then after he "researched" the item and confirmed that my extended warranty did not cover it, he said it was $1500...
Disco_Mike: would I be able to find those plugs to make sure theyre connected?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut