Wiper issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

double 0

Reaction score
I just started experiencing this on my 2011.

1. Rear wiper will not turn off (I never turned it on). It intermittently wipes every 5 seconds or so.
2. Front wipers will not turn on. Auto, Low, High, none work.
3. Front wiper single "wipe" (down on the lever) works fine - a single wipe.
4. Front wiper wash works normally when pressing the wash button (washer squirt with 3 wipes, followed by a 4th).

Any thoughts here? Figure it can't be the motor if it works with single wipe and wash wipe.

Thanks.

double 0

Reaction score
I did a battery disconnect for 15 minutes and it didn't work. I have not gone overnight. Does going overnight do something different than what 15 minutes does? And does it do something different than a hard reset?

I just tried doing a hard reset (disconnect the battery cables and touch them together for about 10 seconds via a wrench since they don't reach each other) and reconnected and that did not fix the problem either.

I've also read to touch the cables for a minute or two. I did 10 seconds because that's what my Indy shop told me.

Does anyone know how to tell if the reset was done properly? My date and clock were reset, but it does that with just disconnecting the battery.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV