Your Favorite Conceal Carry Pistol?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Biagetti, Dec 4, 2013.

1. joey

joey Custom Rover Accessories Staff Member

My choice is a Sig P938 using Versacarry... but everyone has their own opinions likes, and dislikes. Personally I have owned dozens of pistols over the years but still only have a Kimber Pro Carry in .45, my P938 in 9mm and a Ruger Blackhawk .357

What it comes down to is will you carry everywhere and are you willing to use it, in the worse case scenario.

2. eljefe

eljefe Full Access Member

i also have a pocket .380 ruger LCP. damm small and very easy to carry. I put the crimson trace laser on it. I reccomend for pocket take anywhere pistol. I had the keltec 380 before that. I do not reccomend the kel-tec. the fit and finish is poor. I only upgraded to the .45 xds (slim) just to have a .45. good luck

3. Biagetti

Biagetti Full Access Member

Good feedback guys....thanks!

I did end up purchasing the Bodyguard .380 and have had the opportunity to put about 100 rounds down range. It handled well fur such a small frame and short barrel. I haven't had any issues other than 2 FTFs, but with another pull went bang!

A lot of folks complain about the long and hard DA pull, it hasn't bothered me. With a proper grip and realizing it is a hard pull... (I think its a 12lb) you can hit where you want.

The laser to me is nice to have. It makes me feel more comfortable with my wife that the option is there. She has not shot yet as she is due next week... getting close! I did use the laser for about 12 rounds at the range it really does make you realize how important a steady hand and pull are... more importantly under as stated before with adrenaline pumping. I do need to adjust slightly my next trip out as it was a bit high and to the right.

I haven't purchased a good holster yet... I did pick up a cheap Uncle Mike's IWB so that I have something. Once I do get my license, I will where it more than just around the house to see what my priorities are in a holster. Again, thanks for the insights bringing up the horse hide. I know for sure I will pick up a decent pocket holster as well as this little guy fits nicely in there! The different types of Hybrids looks to be a nice options with the horse hide and kydex, but may be more than I need with such a small pistol.

I completed the prints and app at the regional Dept of AG office here in Jacksonville on Jan 2nd. The local turnaround right now seems to be 2-4 weeks.. anxiously waiting now!

4. Biagetti

Biagetti Full Access Member

5. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow Full Access Member

My preferred carry piece is an HK P7. Safe,crazy accurate and, more importantly, I can shoot it well. I also have an M&P Shield with a CT Laser and a Diamondback .380.
    Agreed on the Crossbread holsters.

6. mbw

mbw Full Access Member

It is probably accurate because you can shoot it well, not for any other reason.

That's another classic gun forum argument that I dislike.. How accurate is a given gun/caliber/etc... its just b.s. They like to talk down about hardware when its the squishy bit pulling the trigger that is the issue.

7. Rubber Cow

Rubber Cow Full Access Member

In principle I agree with you.
    I'm fairly active in 3-gun and long range precision shooting and can say, without a doubt, that there are inherent accuracies in calibers and platforms. The P7 has a fixed barrel, my three M&Ps do not. I shoot all of them well but I shoot the the P7 more accurately. I've also have the opportunity to put the P7 into the hands of at least six other shooters of varying abilities and all have had no problem hitting smaller targets within the first 7 rounds. I can't say that for a SW J Frame. I also can't shoot Glocks or other HK platforms well enough to compete with them.
    I spent a lot of $$ accurizing an early XD 45. During a Sniper match a few years back we had to shoot a pistol stage with an M&P provided by one of the match sponsors- I took 5th place out of about 100 shooters...shortly thereafter I tested another M&P and shot it well too. The XD now sits in the safe and I own the three M&P 9s in several configurations.
    So, test anything and everything and buy what you shoot best...in the largest caliber you can shoot well.

8. Matt

Matt Active Member

I know this is a little late for this party but it is an interesting topic and being from S. Florida I understand the difficulties of carrying a concealed firearm. When shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are the standard issue dress code for most of the year concealing a firearm can be a bit challenging. Most of my firearms are full size combat pistols, EB 1911 SF, Sig .45 etc… so I never bothered carrying them.

Try not too laugh too hard here but my favorite carry pistol is my NAA .22mag. It is nice to jus drop it in your pocket and go. I guess it was my favorite because that is what I would always grab. You are not going to find this one on the top of too many peoples list for obvious reasons.

The reality is all of my CQC training was aways done using a serpa with my sig, so if I truly felt I would need a firearm that would be my first pic to carry, just not a combo that can be easily concealed. But man I can really rock and roll with that combo.

9. DPetty2994

DPetty2994 Full Access Member

Glock 43, hands down.

10. DPetty2994

DPetty2994 Full Access Member

I'd recommend the Strike Indsutries +2 mag grip extension.

And Bravo Concealment holsters out of South Texas are phenomenal