Front Control Arm Replacement on LR4 and saw a warning light come on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david cook

Reaction score
I had the front control arms replacement and now every so often a warning light signalling 'suspension fault' comes on. When it comes on unpredictably , it stays for the duration of that ride. And then when restart the car again, it goes away.

Here is a picture of what I am seeing.

Do you think in the control arm replacement process some sensor may have been accidentally mishandled to trigger this or is this an incorrect installation issue?

Thank for all the sage wisdom on this forum to help me continue to enjoy my 11 year old LR4

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both upper and lower control arms, or just the lower? The height sensors connect to the upper arm. Though I'd expect if they broke something it would be consistent. Do you have a way of reading the code?

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced by any "Tom, **** or Harry"? Or a reputable tech with theses vehicles?
Codes would help but it may be as simple as looking behind the wheel and confirming that the ride height sensor wasn't mangled and that the connector was cleaned and properly connected.

@Moderators, Love this configuration for vulgarity. But there is a name " D I C K ", and it didn't have to be filtered out unless of course, you are a 12 year old boy.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help you. But for reference, I recently did the front LCA's, hubs, and did a full front brake job. No codes. I took it to get aligned at the dealer and that was that.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's way out of alignment, there's a steering sensor that raises a fuss.

david cook

Reaction score
Thank you everybody for the quick responses. Both front lower control arms were replaced. Its possible height sensor issue then or mangled.
I am taking it back later this week so this sort of expert insight is really helpful.
This was not done at the dealer but by a mechanic who only does LRs and friend that has had LRs for 10 years has been taking him. Admittedly this is my only second time taking it there. First time was a different issue and the mechanic fixed it competently.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo