Radio switches when put in reverse!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turiroc

Reaction score
I've noticed a weird thing and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same. On occasions, about 25% of the times, when I put the car into reverse, the radio changes from the frequency its in to the next. For example, if i'm on FM1, it will change into AM. From FM2, it will change to FM1 or 3.

When I went to the dealer for my last service, I asked them to take a look at it but they couldn't replicate it.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover should trademark these gremlins. First time I hear of this, though. Does the radio volume also drop (due to the rear park sensors activating because you are close enough to something back there) whenever this happens? Just trying to figure out if this is due to engaging reverse or to some sort of interference caused by the park sensors if/when they activate.

Last edited:

Turiroc

Reaction score
No, it does not happen due to the sensors. I stop in the middle of my street to backup into my driveway and the moment I shift, it changes. I think its due to reverse engaging.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72