XD Monster 18in wheels for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm rolling the dice and ordered the 18" XD Monsters with some BFG's from Discount tire today. They assured me they would fit. I'll post pictures if they do.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DonMitsu,

please post pics and tire specs. Thanks,

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After everything was said and done a supply problem with the XD wheels was discouraging enough I canceled the order and ordered Compomotive PD1881 wheels.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After everything was said and done a supply problem with the XD wheels was discouraging enough I canceled the order and ordered Compomotive PD1881 wheels.

I'll bet happier. I'll bet a better product too.

Was the XD "forged" and how can they verify the load rating? Adapter rings DO work, but it's nice to just have things be machined to fit when possible.

The PD I read about seem like a very good product.

I want to see one of you white LR people get the PD powdercoated white to match! Like the rally car wheels ;) Someone Dooooo it!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll bet happier. I'll bet a better product too.

Was the XD "forged" and how can they verify the load rating? Adapter rings DO work, but it's nice to just have things be machined to fit when possible.

The PD I read about seem like a very good product.

I want to see one of you white LR people get the PD powdercoated white to match! Like the rally car wheels ;) Someone Dooooo it!
White would be interesting, but would be dirty so quickly! :)

I agree, go the Compomotive route, they are awesome wheels.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think you would need to powder coat the spacers. You just need to decide if you are keeping the lug nuts silver or have them done black. On my 2011, I had them done black as well. My 2013 has the black design package (as you saw) and they leave them silver - same on my Compomotive wheels.

I do have some extra black center caps too (I think).

-David

What do you mean by "done" black? You had the nuts coated too?!

Just so people know, I tried the Gorilla nuts and they are great so far through the winter seem perfect on and off 3x. Do NOT use an impact wrench on any of these in black though. Don't let the tire shop, etc. There's really not need to anyway. I use a breaker to loosen, then impact to to just screw off fast. Hand thread to start back on, gently hammer driver again, hand snug, then torque wrench 2x.

Black center caps, genuine, are available on ebay, just dig a little to pay the least.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by "done" black? You had the nuts coated too?!

Just so people know, I tried the Gorilla nuts and they are great so far through the winter seem perfect on and off 3x. Do NOT use an impact wrench on any of these in black though. Don't let the tire shop, etc. There's really not need to anyway. I use a breaker to loosen, then impact to to just screw off fast. Hand thread to start back on, gently hammer driver again, hand snug, then torque wrench 2x.

Black center caps, genuine, are available on ebay, just dig a little to pay the least.
Yes, but not on my 2013... left them alone (silver).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one thing about these Gorilla's is they don't have the annoying steel cap that inevitably deforms making trouble fitting the correct socket size.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Compomotive PD1881 with 265 65 18 BFG T/A K02

IMG_3877.jpg

IMG_3878.jpg

IMG_3879.jpg

IMG_3881.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads